Excellent 6 month contract opportunity to join a leading telecommunications company based in Belgium. English speaking role.
You will be responsible for collecting, analysing and storing large data sets through state-of-the-art big data capabilities and technologies.
As a Big Data Engineer you’ll be in a driving seat to guide strategic decision-making within our company, make a difference to the customer’s entertainment, communication and future digital experiences, and drive new business development.
In your role you will be working closely together with Big Data architecture to set strategic direction for client big data.
Big Data Technology: You constantly maintain an overview of the Big Data landscape, allowing yourself to advise on new technologies where needed. We need someone that is has in depth expertise with regards to Scala, Spark, Structured Streaming and Kafka Streams.
- Clear Communication: You can effectively and diplomatically communicate ideas to your target audience, i.e. from architect to C-level executive.
- Pragmatic: You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- Project management: You are able to manage large projects autonomously and monitor scope, time, quality and budget at all times. You can take decisions and solve problems independently within budget of a project and take end to end ownership.
- Team player: You should put the team’s objectives above yours and take the initiative to get things done without waiting to be asked.
- Agile: You have experience with agile ways of working and can take the lead in a project based on Kanban principles.
- Coaching: You can easily share your knowledge with other team members and can take up a coaching role when necessary.
Please get in touch for further details.