Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd line
Our prestigious client based in the City of London has a need for a Multi-talented Engineer with the ability to work in Infrastructure, Systems, and 3rd line Support.
The role is hybrid: two days a week on site 3 days remote.
The Infrastructure Engineer will have the responsibility to maintain key infrastructure and deliver projects set by the Head of IT Services and provide a 3rd line escalation point for the helpdesk. The successful candidate will have the autonomy to research and develop solutions to projects and work on their own initiative
• Maintenance of IT Infrastructure
• Responsible for keeping key infrastructure components up-to-date
• Lead operator of software deployment systems to end-users
• Technical advisor of IT Infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure/3rd line support engineer within the helpdesk function
• Point of escalation for Helpdesk team
• Achieve and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Participate in planning and delivery of Infrastructure projects
• Update and maintain documentation of IT infrastructure and components
• Guide continuous improvement efforts for systems, especially reducing risk to the business
• Provide out of hours support on a best-efforts basis in cases of disaster or serious issues
Knowledge, skills, experience
• Competent with Microsoft infrastructure (Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Hyper-V and SCVMM) – accreditations is a bonus
• Advanced knowledge of network and firewall equipment (WatchGuard/HP Aruba is an advantage)
• Skills in key scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, vbScript)
• Experience in working with macOS systems – a bonus
• Ability to research, design and implement IT systems based on business requirements
• Enjoy providing high quality services to the business
• Ability to communicate and build relationships inside and outside IT
For further information regarding this position, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Infrastructure Engineer (3rd line)
Our client, a global leader in their area requires a Third Line Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in the Central London office
The Infrastructure Engineer will design and maintain IT systems and infrastructure. The role will have responsibility for the delivery of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. You will be an infrastructure technical advisor and provide technical guidance and delivery for projects and support within the IT Services team.
You will be required to develop, maintain and support the company infrastructure, keeping up with business needs while minimising the impacts of change and the risk of downtime to the business. As a 3rd line Engineer, you will have an active role in the helpdesk function within the IT Services team and be a point of escalation for problems triaged by the team.
A successful Infrastructure Engineer will be capable of working under their own initiative and setting their own workload targets. The day-to-day work will be split between providing 3rd line support on the helpdesk and infrastructure projects.
Competent with Microsoft infrastructure (Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Hyper-V and SCVMM) – accreditations are a bonus
Advanced knowledge of network and firewall equipment (WatchGuard/HP Aruba is an advantage)
Skills in key scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash)
Experience in working with macOS systems – a bonus
Ability to research, design and implement IT systems based on business requirements
Enjoy providing high quality services to the business
Ability to communicate and build relationships inside and outside IT
Significant proven experience of working in IT infrastructure and service delivery
Please apply with a copy of your CV for further details.
Are you looking to start a career in IT?
Do you have experience in IT support?
Endeavour has a fantastic opening for an IT Technician to join our Marketing and Advertising sector client’s team, based in Hertfordshire.
Our client is looking for candidates at the start of their IT career to come in and provide IT Network support and perform Quality Assurance related tasks.
Ideally you will have:
- some hands-on IT networking support or QA experience
- Windows servers
- Mac OS
- Active directory
If this sounds like you, then send us your CV or get in touch ASAP, for further details regarding this exciting career opportunity!
100% remote opportunity for a SharePoint/MS365 Architect for a multinational client in The Hague.
Required skills :
University degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and at least 8 years of experience in enterprise architecture.
Long and broad experience with Microsoft 365 aspects and related products.
Extensive experience with SharePoint 2019 aspects and related products.
Extensive practice of security hardening in all MS-Teams and SharePoint aspects (experience with Microsoft Security Assessments is an asset).
Sound knowledge of FAST search.
Experience with AutoSPInstaller, PowerShell DSC automated installation, ShareGate, and SPDocKit.
Certified Professional for Requirement Engineer is an asset.
ITIL certified is an asset.
Experience in integration between Zoom, Microsoft 365 is an asset.
Experience on MS-Power platform.
Strategic views; bring industry practices and disciplines.
Highly motivated, pro-active and service oriented.
Ability to work with people of different cultures and in remote locations.
Charismatic; outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Fluent in English.
Make users more self-conscious about the degree of sensitivity of the information they are processing on MS 365.
Implement security settings based on the labels for MS 365.
Propose a unified labelling system at the container level, implement of a Proof of Concept, and to critically assess the passage into production on MS 365.
Make a selection of innovative opportunities and build and fully document a Proof of Concept which can then be implemented in production for MS 365.
Audit SharePoint 2019 systems and recommend an action plan for hardening the security of SharePoint and its connected infrastructure (network, DBs, Active Directory).
Follow up of the implementation in SharePoint 2019 with regular discussions on the progress and a detailed final report on the action points which were implemented.
Mitigate major Microsoft 365 and SharePoint 2019 problems.
Improve the integration between Zoom, Microsoft 365.
Build and fully document a Proof of Concept which new Zoom features can then be implemented in production.
Please get in touch for further details.
Technical Project Manger
Endeavour Recruitment has a 9-Month Contract role for a skilled Technical Project Manager. The position will be remote and the Project Manager will be responsible for Server and Hardware upgrades across various sites in the UK.
Our Client requires the Technical Project Manager to lead teams of onsite Systems Engineers with the update of SQL Server 2008 to a more recent version. Also Hardware upgrades
You will be responsible for the management, design and implementation of new server and network infrastructure for connecting various sites.
The ideal candidate should come from a Technical Background haven worked as a Systems Engineer before moving into the Management side of the business.
Technical Project Management
Security / Firewalls
Further experience within the medical and Healthcare industry would be seen as an added bonus.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent remote, contract opportunity for a Fluent French and English speaking Citrix System Engineer.
- Strong experience in a production environment in Citrix and Microsoft technology (physical and/or virtual)
- Infrastructure project management experience
- Good understanding of IT security, patching, update and upgrade.
- Collaboration with provider to solve incident and problem for the customer and improve system performance.
- Industrialization and automatization is preferable
- The main required qualities are autonomy, rigor and a personal desire to move towards automation solutions and the ability to work in a team.
- French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing)
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Team player
- Minimum 5-year experience is considered as an asset
- Strong knowledge in Citrix environment
- Good knowledge in Active Directory administration
- Good experience with troubleshooting Exchange issues.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent
- customer service
- You are potentially able to assume on call duty service with the team.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile Scripting PowerShell
- Windows Environment (Active Directory, SQL, Roles Windows Server)
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 is preferable.
- Security (Trend Micro, ESET, Sophos) basic knowledge
- VMware, basic understanding
- Veeam or other backup tools, basic understanding
- Network understanding.
Please get in touch for further details.
A large international defence organisation is seeking an Oracle DBA to join them based in their Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium for a long-term contract. You will be responsible for maintaining Oracle Applications and must have experience with OAM, OIM, and OID. Rate flexible depending on experience.
To be successful in this Oracle Database Administrator role you must have the following experience –
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Linux
- Knowledge of Oracle Single Sign-On with Active Directory
- Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
- Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
- Oracle Hyperion Planning Installations
- Hold at a minimum level valid SC Clearance (security check) or NATO Secret or equivalent. Or hold DV Clearance (developed vetting), COSMIC Top Secret, or equivalent
Please apply asap to be considered for this Oracle Database Administrator role.
About the Role
- 4 month contract
- 40 hours per week
- €75 per hour
- Location: The Hague
- Clear and documented IST and SOLL
- Clear scope of the migration which is aligned with the stakeholders
- Components needed for the migration (hybrid, MRS, ADFS, identities) designed and set-up
- Migration scripting developed and tested
- Executed migration
- Aftercare and hand-over to Ops organization
The main objective of the Workplace Services program is reduce operation IT costs, by implementing the next generation WPS backend services and processes, to support the business needs. This implies a change on many aspects of the current service portfolio; directly by changing the landscape and migration to the new services and indirectly to align the existing support processes to the new environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in complex and dynamic enterprise IT environments;
- Subject matter expert on Microsoft related products:
- Exchange / Exchange Online / Hybrid / MRS o PowerShell scripting
- Active Directory / AD FS and Identity management
- Cross forest mail and data migrations
- Detailed technical knowledge:
- Microsoft Office 365
- PowerShell scripting and debugging
- Active Directory of Networking and security
- Windows Client o Conditional Access
- Skype for Business
- Microsoft certification is a big plus, i.e.:
- Office 365 MCSE
- Windows Server 2012R2/2016 MCSE
- Work experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an IS Support Administrator for their client in the Financial Sector at Wembley. 1-2 Years’ working in a similar role is essential. If you can show Initiative, Communicate effectively, have the Ability to Learn and can demonstrate good Planning and Organisational skills, then this could be the role for you. Salary £22K.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Workstation/server OS server builds, ADS administration, Maintain successful backups, WSUS for servers/workstations
- Log & take ownership of Incidents, Problems and Changes onto the Service Desk for commercial and Production related issues.
- 1st & 2nd Line Support of Workstations, laptops, applications, printers and mobile devices
- Inventory control management of local and global it assets and data points
- Implement local and global projects in a timely manner
- Write, update and maintain network schematics, work instructions and procedures for the Production and Commercial network infrastructure
- Manage and Maintain the order management process & keep all related documents filed and organised
- Windows Operating Systems (XP\Windows 7\Windows 8), 2010/2012, Anti-Virus Software, MS Office 2003 – 2010, Remote Access Tools, VPN
- SharePoint, Windows OS 2003\2008 R2\2012, SAP, Citrix, XEN Server, VMWare, Symantec Backup Exec
- Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Groups)
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible to be included in the shortlist. Applicants should be aware that should an offer be made then background checks will be carried out.
ALL CVs MUST BE RESTRICTED TO 2 PAGES ONLY.