We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Digital Transformation client’s team, based in Sheffield on a permanent basis.
The ideal profile will have experience of working with a Java-based eCommerce technologies such as IBM WebSphere Commerce, SAP Hybris, Salesforce DemandWare or Oracle-ATG.
The successful candidate will be required to lead the solution design, assist in solution implementation and be responsible for the technical delivery of complex solutions to a wide range of clients.
You will be required to work closely with clients and the internal delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to our client’s principles, standards and best practices. The candidate should be business focused and have a proven track record of delivery.
- Producing and owning technical solutions to fit business requirements and ensuring successful delivery.
- Producing and owning solution design documents covering baseline and target architectures for applications, integrations, data and technology – ensuring the design meets architecture principles and best practices for the technology platform and justifying the solution design against other options.
- Producing technical specifications for lead developers covering mid-low level application, interface and database design, including identifying relevant design patterns and application frameworks.
- Communicating technical architectures and designs to internal teams, including developers and testers.
- Communicating directly with the customer on all aspects of the technical design, including running design workshops, participating in architecture reviews, providing recommendations and reasons for key design decisions and explaining complex technical designs to non-technical stakeholders.
- Communicating directly with 3rd parties to agree designs, especially in the integration domain.
- Identifying impacts of a given solution/architecture and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders of the architecture change.
- Working collaboratively with other architects and lead developers to share knowledge and solutions.
- Estimating the design and implementation effort of large-scale and complex ecommerce solutions and assisting in the delivery, migration and go-live planning.
- Ownerships of the technical delivery, ensuring and demonstrating the quality of the deliverable, from code quality through to performance, scalability and security of the solution.
- Leading new application/technical architects in all aspects of the above.
- Keeping up todate with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in leading or assisting and delivering large-scale architecture change projects in ecommerce, retail or manufacturing.
- Proven technical leadership skills with an internal team within a client facing environment.
- An understanding of web technologies and an appreciation for capacity and performance design considerations
- Java and J2EE development (e.g. JSP, EJB, JPA, Struts, Spring, core JAVA)
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defined principles and guidelines
- Working knowledge of application server technologies (e.g. WebSphere Application Server) including clustered environments
- Have good front-end development skills in HTML, CSS and JS frameworks (e.g. JQuery) and are familiar with Ajax
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preferable to have a good understanding of IBM WebSphere Commerce (WC) functional and technical architecture including design and development best practice and the associate technologies:
- WebSphere Commerce (WC) functional architecture (e.g. store, catalog, merchandising, marketing, orders)
- WC frameworks (e.g. Command framework, MVC,)
- WC search
- Common WC data models (User, Orders, Catalogs, Promotions etc.)
- WC messaging infrastructure (inbound and outbound, REST, MQ, BOD)
- WC persistence layer (SDO and EJB/access/data beans)
- WC development environment, SVN and GIT repos
- SOLR search
- IBM DB2 Database
- Demonstrate and develop to WC best practices, especially with regards to security and customisations
- Have a working knowledge of Dynacache
- An understanding of WC deployment models (e.g. 3-tier, de-coupled storefront/search
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing headless WebSphere Commerce solutions
- An interest in the ongoing developments of WebSphere Commerce (e.g. xC programming model, JPA)
- Web-tier configuration experience (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Having worked on solutions utilising edge-caches and CDNs
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in touch ASAP or apply with your CV