AWS DevOps Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our client, a world leader in with bookings / transfer solutions.
The role is fully remote, occasional visits to the office will be required.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the AWS Environments. Working alongside the senior management team to develop and grow your role.
You will love working in a fast-paced organisation where technology is central to everything we do. Working alongside passionate and innovative people your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining current AWS workloads in multiple environments.
- Designing, deploying, and maintaining new infrastructure based on application requirements.
- Communicating with management, developers third party technology providers.
- Reviewing security practices regularly and implementing any required changes.
- Driving infrastructure improvements and migrations to new services and technologies.
- Planning and leading maintenance schedules and windows.
- Support and identify faults both in and out of hours.
- Reviewing costs and budgets for infrastructure in all environments.
Skills & Experience
You will have experience working with and maintaining highly available AWS workloads in a productionised environment using many of the following services: EC2 Autoscaling, RDS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFront, WAF, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, VPC, S3, Route 53, IAM.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to have proficiency in:
- Server configuration with Ansible.
- Infrastructure provisioning with CloudFormation.
- Working with Linux and Windows Server.
- Maintaining a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins
- CLI scripting i.e. Bash or Python.
- PHP, Python and Node.js
- Consul and Vault
- Highly Available RabbitMQ
- Windows Server, SQL Server & Active Directory
- Redshift and Grafana
- Blue/Green Deployments
- PCI-DSS Compliance
- Working with monolithic applications
- Future direction to breakdown services & micro services, containerisation etc etc.
- Serverless stacks and event driven architecture
- Distributed Architectures
- Disaster Recovery
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.