Lead Software QA Engineer
Endeavour Recruitment has a stable and secure permanent opportunity for a Lead QA Engineer with experience working as a QA Engineer within a C# / Microsoft Software Environment.
You will be joining our client; they are undergoing a multi-million pound digital transformation and will be working on a number of green field sites using the latest technologies
You will be working directly with the Development Manager and will have responsibility for the team of QA Engineers working in an Agile environment.
- Lead the test functions in implementing automated testing
- Identify and feedback on any developmental bugs
- Ensure requirements of project brief have been addressed and correctly implemented
- Work with our “best practice” development processes (documentation, Test Plans, logging and Agile methodologies)
- Participate in the testing of a next generation platform to replace our legacy system and introduction of new functionality and products
- Troubleshoot technical issues/bugs and identify modifications where required
- Testing of a robust set of services and APIs to power web applications
- Participate in discussions and planning around user acceptance
- Proven experience of leading a team of QA/Testers.
- Experience of working on full life cycle implementations across multiple projects
- Strong Agile delivery experience (ideally Scrum or Kanban)
- A desire to deliver software of the highest quality
- Logical and methodical thinking and application of test cases and scenarios.
- Experience and knowledge of writing and working with automated test tools (C# Postman, Jenkins, BDD - SpecFlow, Selenium etc.)
- Experience in testing React/Redux and .NET
- Experience of testing Microsoft Azure cloud applications
- An understanding of data migration, transformation and scripting
- A proven track record of functional testing at various levels such as: Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, User Acceptance
Testing, Interface Testing / Usability Testing, System Testing, API Testing, and Regression Testing
- Expertise in manual, automated and regression testing implementation and usage
- Proven experience in using SQL to interrogate data within a database
- Experience with API testing and specifically using Postman and SoapUI
- Passion for discovering and solving in all areas of technology
- Testing tools (Postman, Jenkins, BDD - SpecFlow, Selenium etc.)
- JS frameworks such as React, Redux, Bootstrap, and JQuery; and an understanding of HTML and CSS
- C#, .NET, Web API/RESTful API, and JSON
- Azure for DevOps (VSTS)
- SQL 2012, 2104, NoSQL (CosmosDB ) and Oracle
- Distributed source control i.e. GIT
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Atlassian suite of applications i.e. Confluence, Jira, Lucid Charts
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Excellent organisational and analytical abilities
This is an exciting opportunity with an exciting team and company. For further details, please get in touch.