We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of Britain’s biggest newspaper groups on a remote, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining the Ad Product team to work on the clients brand safety and contextual analysis project.
What they are looking for
Someone that has experience building scalable products and services on cloud platforms and integration these with customer systems, happy to work on your own initiative, yet at the same time play an important role in ensuring the success of the team.
Ownership and communication are also key. The client is looking for people who care deeply about the code they write while at the same time are able to bridge the gap between the technical and business areas of the company effectively.
The client needs people with solid experience and understanding of product and services development, from initial design, through iterative development cycles, tuning for performance and scalability, and pre- and post-sales support integrating with customer platforms.
Their tech stack includes:
- Core product built on IBM Cloud, using Cloud Foundry, Postgres database services, Watson NLU and Visual Recognition, Cloud Object Storage, Cloud Functions, Kafka streams, DevOps Toolchains, Akamai CDN
- Node.js – for REST service APIs and interactive UI (using Vue.js)
- Platform monitoring and alerting with Sysdig and LogDNA
- Integration with news products on AWS platform (using S3, Lambda functions, DynamoDB/Kinesis streams, Postgrad database service, CloudFormation)
Other things they would like to see:
- Unit and integration testing experience (TDD and BDD even better)
- Application performance monitoring and optimisation
- Integration of 3rd party components and services
- Experience with NoSql databases and caches (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with microservices architectures, containers and stream processing
- Any experience with other programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days and bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Company cycle/car/purchase schemes