Endeavour has a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Software Engineer to join a Global client, specialised in the mobility industry, based in the UK headquarters in Dorset.
As our client is growing, they have a need for a Device Application Software Engineer who will be primarily focused on supporting the introduction of new products.
The successful Software Engineer will be working closely with other Embedded Software engineers locally and with external outsourced partner to review and support with new product hardware designs, prototypes and releases.
The software Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Work within a team of software engineers to support .NET CF embedded products written in C# and C/C++
- Tasks include the integration of smartcard, Wi-Fi, cellular and barcode components with native C/C++ APIs into the managed environment
- Work within agile teams, showing understanding of agile mindset and its application in agile techniques
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Contribute to interdepartmental communication in order to improve awareness of the project and customer needs and the creation of a team spirit within
- Ensure that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts
- Identify system architecture and design options and select the optimum solution.
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Ability to refine specifications and requirements into a backlog, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- Write effective documentation and test processes
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release
- Provide technical sales support for new sales opportunities or initiatives
- Significant experience within a software development environment.
- 3+ years Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- 3+ years C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
Please, get in touch ASAP to discuss this excellent career opportunity.