We are looking for a Database Administrator or Database Developer, who can demonstrate experience with Mongo DB and SQL server databases, to join an innovative and leading financial services client, working with the retail sector, based in beautiful Vienna
The successful candidate will work as part of global team of database administrators and will be responsible for managing and administering more than 600 databases on more than 140 servers. To succeed in this position you should possess an expert level knowledge of MongoDB as well as experience administering MS SQL server (2005-2017).
- MongoDB and MS SQL server administration
- Backup administration: Backup and restore MongoDB database within different servers
- Security Administration: User management, security hardening and auditing.
- Performance Management
- Redundancy and High Availability Planning and Design, Disaster Recovery (SHARDIng, Replication, SQL Cluster Administration, Mirroring, Availability Group).
- Mongo DB and MS SQL monitoring and performance tuning using Mongo DB management console, SQL profiler, Perfmon, and Extended events.
- Development Team Support and Advisory
- Checking for installed SQL server version and install required updates and patches
- Troubleshooting, optimizing and configuring SQL Server database servers for performance and availability.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Min. Bachelor´s degree from a recognized and accredited University or equivalent qualification, skills, certification or working experience
- Min. 3 years of experience as Database Developer or Database Administrator with focus on MongoDB and SQL server databases
- Experience with administering, installing and configuring Mongo DB – is mandatory!
- Experience with MS SQL server (2005-2017)
- Experience with other databases is advantage: Oracle, MySQL, Progress, Pervasive (SQL)
- Working experience with data migration and integration, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS deployment and development
- Working experience with SQL server Cluster, Mirroring and Availability Group
- Experience with SQL server replication technologies
- Knowledge on capacity management and maintenance of transaction log files
- Knowledge of developing and optimizing advanced SQL/TSQL queries
- Experience with JSON, PowerShell and/or Python – desired
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Great self-organizational skills and autonomy, able to work in a virtual/global and multi-cultural team and able to work effectively and efficiently under stress
- Result-oriented with affinity towards precision and quality.
- Willingness to work on stand-by (approximately 10 hours per months) plus weekend activity from time to time
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV
Endeavour has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for a Business Analyst Expert to join a client, based in Belgium, on an English-speaking site.
The successful candidate is required to have an EU/British passport, as there will be travelling to other European countries involved, approximately twice per month.
You will perform the role of Business Analyst in a project to implement additional EMEA companies acquired by acquisition on the existing processes and capabilities on the target SAP platform. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform a FIT/GAP analysis comparing current business processes and capabilities and the processes and capabilities of the target SAP system and organization.
- Interact with business partners to identify processes and user requirements.
- Write user stories and use cases and acceptance criteria in the AGILE methodology.
- Do conceptual solution design with clear indication which capabilities are available and which need enhancement. Align with the Product owner on solution vision.
- Explain to Business partners how requirements are implemented from a functional standpoint in SAP.
- Be part of the scrum team. Transfer and clarify the requirement and solution concept to the functional analysts. Define impact of and review changes to the SAP system and ensure every deliverable is aligned to a definition of readiness.
- Prepare and support User Training and User Acceptance testing.
- Excellent knowledge of the SAP SD module (Order processing - Delivery processing - Billing) and knowledge of integration points with SAP MM and FI modules.
- Minimum 5 years SD hands-on SAP SD configuration Experience. Excellent knowledge of Order to Cash process in particular and Supply Chain processes in general.
- Excellent knowledge of English (verbal & writing) required.
- Business facing communication skills: ask the right questions about business processes in order to come to system requirements. Explain the functional design to a business audience.
- Experience in project work in a team, work against a project plan with milestones. Ability to align solution design concept between the product owner, functional, technical and integrating teams.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and report on ETC. High sense of compliance.
Desirable skills / experience:
- AGILE, rRDM methodologies
- Experience with working in an international environment, with key users located across the EMEA region.
- Experience with working in a virtual team & collaboration with off-shore ABAP team.
- Knowledge of the SAP cross system flow of goods solution & APO global ATP check
- Tool knowledge: JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM Quality Center, DocSpace.
Please get in touch ASAP for further details on this excellent opportunity!
Endeavour has an excellent contract opportunity for a Sharepoint Administrator to join a reputable client, based in Brussels, on an English speaking site, initially for 6 months.
The successful candidate will join the team in charge of the administration of Sharepoint on site.
Your tasks deliverables will include the following:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, integrate, test and maintain
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test these systems and infrastructure performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with other engineers/developers to implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Liaise with other engineers for problem resolution
- Provide guidance and insurance of the policies defined by the SP Architect
- Ensure that best practices are followed for the designed solutions
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Watch duty and weekend work
- support of SharePoint functional designers, developers and end-users:
- Guide in Site structure, Content modelling and Content Types, Metadata and taxonomy development, Search integration
- Define, design and review technical architecture/designs to support new business requirements.
- Vision, evolution and strategy tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Very good knowledge (not only technical, but as well functional aspects) of SharePoint 2013 (on premise) SharePoint-office 365 & SharePoint 2016 will be an asset
• Ability to configure and maintain a SharePoint server or a Farm
• Ability to promote user adaption, new features, new functionalities
• Can take part in implementing a good governance plan
• Monitoring, backup, failover, compliance, discovery, security, performance
• Ability to meet deadlines depending on business requirements
• Good knowledge of PowerShell
• Experience with ShareGate, SPDocKit tool
• Experience with building workflows with Nintex
Dutch and/or French would be an asset
Please, get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting opportunity!
Endeavour has an exciting contract opportunity for an experienced JDEdwards Developer to work with a reputable client based in Belgium, initially for 6 months. This is an English speaking site.
The successful applicant will have proven and extensive experience as JDEdwards developer (Oracle EnterpriseOne).
You will participate in the design, development, integration and testing of new applications or functionality enhancements.
Required knowledge and experience:
- experience with Business Services (BSSV).
- JDE8.12 or JDE9
For further details on this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch as soon as possible.
Endeavour is looking for an experienced Analyst-Developer for a client, based in Belgium, for a 6 months contract.
The successful Analyst-Developer will be involved in the following project:
- Validation of functional specifications for development of .NET interfaces.
- Technical design specifications for interface and front end development, exception handling and monitoring and failover requirements.
- Participation in code review with other developers.
- Structured code development, versioning and promotion to environments.
- Enhancements and bug fixes.
- Provision of support to testing teams during testing cycles.
- Participation in technical forums for knowledge gain and sharing
- Contribute to front end platform and micro service platform for Convergence.
Essential skills and experience:
- 3 years + experience
- Microservices: development of micro services in .NET (C#)
- MongoDB: MongoDB integration with AbInitio and .NET (C#)
- Rest API development techniques
- Web service integration with AbInitio / .NET (C#)
- Oracle 11 / 12c, Oracle P/L SQL Developer / Toad
MS SQL 2012, MS SQL Query Analyser
- JSON Format
- Message Queueing : IBM Websphere MQ Series, Knowledge of standard message formats such as XML
- PERL scripting
- UNIX shell scripting
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C# )
- Stored procedures
- Cost optimisation
- Competent construction of SQL queries
- Consideration of performance and reusability during design and creation of interface table
- Any data modelling tools or techniques would be of advantage
- Microsoft Excel VBA
Please get in touch for further details ASAP, on this excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour has an excellent opportunity for result-driven Integration Engineers to work for a global and reputable client in the media sector, for a 6 months contract role.
The successful applicants will be hands-on engineers with broad technical “knowhow” skills, and be able to demonstrate strong leadership.
Your role will involve the following day-to-day tasks:
- Perform Production Integration, deployment activities
- Coordinate and Perform technical field trials and associated testing activities
- Has engineering expertise to contribute to Production Integration with Operations and other teams
- Investigate issues and coordinates resolution of issues and defects within technology and with external vendors
- Where necessary, engages in hands-on support for project activities
- Support Operations and QA Team on investigation of issues
- MSc degree level in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- ideally good level in Spanish, this will be a real plus but is NOT a blocker (one position will be based in Chile)
- Strong in communicating
- Strong in relations management
Skills and experience:
- Experience in the telco, cable or satellite industry (pref. 5+ years)
- Experience in System Integration or Deployment of B2C video services (pref. 5+ years)
- Experience and very strong knowledge of OTT, IP TV, DTV and On Demand platforms and Video Delivery technologies (pref. 5+ years)
- Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment (pref. 5+ years)
- Experience in delivery management of large Pan-European B2C implementation programs, with extensive knowledge and experience of technology development and delivery management methodologies (pref. 5+ years)
- Strong technical knowledge and integration & deployment experience around Video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, security services, Application Services, CDN, TV, VoD, nPVR, Access technology, and Internet technology related. (should have experience with minimum 3 of the requirements)
- End-to-End and deep technical understanding of TV platforms and Back Office system technology & ecosystem, architecture & flows, with real hands-on experience, in particular in service platforms (HW and SW), user interfaces, Apps and media acquisition/management, processing and distribution, end-to-end content protection and security. (very important)
- Understanding and experience of IP and broadcast networking, including troubleshooting of connection and routing issues (pref. Wireshark and Charles)
- Proficient in UNIX
- Software test and validation experience (plus)
Please, apply for further details on this not-to-be-missed opportunity!
Endeavour is looking for a seasoned Data Architect to join our London-based reputable client, for a not-to-be missed contract opportunity in the pharmaceutical industry.
The ideal candidate will have relevant professional qualifications and at least 8 years’ experience in the domain of Enterprise Data Architecture and TOGAF.
The successful Data Architect will be involved in the following daily tasks:
- Develop modelling standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Develop and maintain subject area conceptual data models for their portfolio;
- Take part in the peer review of data related deliverables;
- The Data Architect will also play the role of Data Modeller when required, and as such, will:
- Capture, model and describe data requirements, data definitions, business rules, data quality requirements, data security requirements;
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models;
- Develop and maintain canonical message models;
- Define source-to-target mappings for data migrations.
Required skills and experience:
- Sparx Enterprise Architect;
- Large organisation experience.
- Advanced level knowledge and understanding of application design, systems engineering and integration, in particular in the areas related to the key responsibilities described;
- Experience in data design governed by Enterprise Data Architecture is desirable, preferably using TOGAF;
- Experience with RUP or comparable systems engineering disciplines
- Communication abilities:
- Able to summarise and present successfully key technical issues to the relevant stakeholders (developers, analysts, peers, management and business users) considering the background of the audience;
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to the relevant stakeholders;
- Liaise with different technical teams, such as database administrators, software architects, developers, testers and support, understanding their requirements;
- Demonstrable leadership capabilities are mandatory;
- Experience in managing interactions between the data architecture team and other stakeholders (database administrators, software architects, business analysts, testers, support, management, business, etc.).
Please get in touch for further details.
Endeavour Recruitment is currently recruiting for Technical Project managers with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join a growing team based in Luxembourg.
Applicants should be technical, with either a good background in IT infrastructure (network, storage, servers) or Middleware (Oracle DB, Oracle Weblogic) or any other integration projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for project planning, control and provide support for multiple projects.
Daily tasks for this role will involve:
- Initiate, execute and complete projects
- Perform risk analysis
- Project coordination
- Ensure that milestones are met and agreed deliverables are supplied in due time
- Take charge of communications within projects (meetings, reports and presentations)
- Control/monitor progress, quality of projects and provide feedback to the Project Coordinator
- Identify and solve problems occurring in projects
Skills / Experience required:
Have good knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) of project management within the concerned technological domains (Data Base, application server, business intelligence etc.)
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Architect with strong development experience, to join a client based in Switzerland, initially for a 6 months contract.
- First-level university degree in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- Proficient (certified) in an industry leading cloud Architecture framework.
- 12 years+ of relevant software development and architecture, as well as professional experience in SOA architecture (specifically microservices and API development), as well as integrations combining custom and off-the-shelf products.
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability secure software architecture in a cloud environment adhering to Security, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Resilience best practice.
- Building and recommending a migration approach to architecting a green field development and/or production platform for new applications. Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies.
- Ability to maintain technology awareness, and provide analytical comparisons against specified criteria.
- Experience working with local and remote technical teams.
- Excellent knowledge of English (French will be an advantage).
- Exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with highly secure ICT solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of cloud.
Please apply and get in touch for further details about this excellent contract role!
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an extremely capable individual for the senior role of Head of Technology. The successful candidate must come from a development/architect background and has since progressed their career to a Lead/Managerial level. Previous experience of working within Retail, Finance, Marketing or Travel would be advantageous. This is a permanent opportunity based in Central London, with an attractive salary in the region of £90K plus benefits package.
As an individual, you must be creative with good UX/UI knowledge, plus innovative and passionate about new technology trends. You should have the ability to lead a talented team applying best practice principles, quality assurance and governance. Familiarity of working in an Agile/Scrum environment is essential. A particular interest in developing mobile applications, Native, Web or Hybrid is essential along with accompanying technical knowledge.
Essential Experience/Skills for the role:
- Leadership skills
- From a Development/Architectural Background
- Mobile Development
- Responsive Design
- Best Practice/Governance/Quality
- Integration with CMS
- New platform knowledge: AI, NLP, 36 / AR
- Managing client relationships
- Industry experience in Finance, Retail, Marketing or Travel
Our client is looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Therefore, please apply quickly.