Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to work for a large pharmaceutical client in Anderlecht, Belgium. The selected Data Engineer is expected to have between 5-7 years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar. Our client has requested that the Data Engineer chosen for this role is fluent in English but fluency in Dutch or French is desirable.
The duration of this role is initially for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €525 euros.
What is expected of the Data Engineer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in preparing the data infrastructure that will be used by Data Scientists in the delivery of this analytic project
- Conceive and build data architecture
- Integrate data sources into R
- Ensure data is easily accessible and that its exploitation is performing as requested, even in highly scalable circumstances
- Manage and Execute ETL (extract/transform/load) processes from complex data sets
- Collaborate with different system owners and data
- Document the data catalogue
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A masters in Informatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative discipline
- Experience with Data management (catalogue, data lineage)
- Experience with Data virtualisation and data lakes (Denodo is desirable)
- A strong affinity with Data Science is required
- Familiarity with different types of databases such as SQL and noSQL.
- SAP BW (Hana) experience is a plus
- Experience in design, implementation, monitoring and exploitations of data stored on parallel servers
- Technical expertise in Python
- Experience with R is desirable
- Fluency in English.
- French and or Dutch speaking is a plus
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Data Engineer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.