Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced Release Engineer with experience in Azure DevOps to join an established client in Anderlecht, Belgium.
The Release Engineer must be able to understand and apply branching strategies to be suitable for this role as a Release Engineer.
It is desirable that the Release Engineer has experience with feature switching, but the ability to be and to remain aware of the latest tools and technologies is essential. The duration of this role is for 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €472 euros.
What is expected of the Release Engineer? - Role and Responsibilities:
- You use your knowledge of coding and programming languages to ensure that all hardware and software components work together correctly.
- Expand and Oversee the Release Platform.
- Assemble data on release metrics, oversee the source code management system, maintain multiple build environments, and document steps relating to the release process.
- Assess Software Performance: Responsible for assessing the quality and risks of new products. Troubleshoot any issues pertaining to the software’s performance.
- Set Release Schedule: Using data analysis and production progress reports, you organize a release schedule for a software product. You perform integration, oversee release deployment, generate release notes, and configure software to all platforms.
- Assist Development Team: Build tools to support the software engineering process, review engineering practices, assist in researching new technologies, and meet with the development team to discuss future needs. Also provide ongoing support for completed products.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Azure DevOps and GIT is essential.
- You understand and can apply branching strategies.
- You are proficient in various computer languages (custom .NET/angular & Mobile applications (Xamarin)) and can demonstrate a full understanding of programming best practices.
- You are able to troubleshoot and test new software to identify and resolve any potential issues.
- Change management: You can to adapt to any changes in the process and can meet rescheduled deadlines.
- You work closely with other IT architects & Technical experts.
- You automate where possible.
- You support multiple agile teams.
- You are & remain aware of the latest tools and technology.
- Experience with feature switching is a plus.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Release Engineer, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.