Controls Engineer wanted! Endeavour Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Controls Engineer. Applications welcome from Controls Engineers who want to work as part of a team but are also comfortable working alone. You must be motivated, enthusiastic and able to communicate effectively. The Controls Engineer must be willing to work at customer sites and carry out shift work when required. The salary on offer is up to £50K DOE plus benefits.
Our client is based in Leicester, the largest city in the East Midlands. It is home to manufacturing, engineering and IT industries. With an excellent infrastructure of road and rail links this makes Leicester accessible from many regions.
- Pension Contribution of 6%
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Dental Plan
- Travel Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Home Insurance
- Holiday Trading Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Cinema, Days Out
Design, develop, test and onsite commissioning of PLC software control components and implementation builds. Work according to company procedures and project requirements using industrial automation solutions. The majority of work is carried out using Siemens S7 technology in Simatic Manager and TIA Portal. The Controls Engineer must have a positive demeanour to working on customer sites, out of hours work and shift work when necessary.
- TIA Portal
- Siemens S7 300 / 400 and STL Pointers
- Previous experience of ISO Compliance
- MS Office & Visio Knowledge of PLC Software
- Previous work with ProfiBus and AS-I Networks and associated devices
- Must have a structured approach to engineering decisions
- Experience of working with Corporate Libraries and Source Code
- Working knowledge of warehouse automation
- Working knowledge of conveyor systems
- Working knowledge of baggage operations
- Experience of HAL Document Management process
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible in order to be included in the shortlist.