Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist ideally with experience in energy sector to join a leading client in Brussels, Belgium.
Data Scientist with knowledge of VBA & Excel to fulfil the requirements for the role as a Data Scientist.
It is desirable that the Data Scientist speaks either French or Dutch but English speaking is essential. The duration of this role is for 9 months and the all-inclusive daily rate is €620 euros.
What is expected of the Data Scientist? - Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the customer grid development scenario’s and market adequacy team for the different tasks that need to be accomplished
- Extend existing I/O tools of the ANTARES simulator with new functionalities
- Increase robustness of existing tools
- Increase tool flexibility
- Automate data handling
- Gather data from External platforms
- Extend the team’s VBA add-in to increase VBA scripting efficiency
- Handle large amount of output data to generate pre-defined indicators
- Visualization of results with maps, graphs that are flexible and can be adapted to any study
- Good knowledge of R, particularly the DataTable and tidy verse packages
- Good knowledge of VBA & Excel
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree in applied information technology, master’s degree or equivalent by experience is a plus
- Knowledge of either Dutch or French is a big plus
- Prior knowledge of energy markets, or economical dispatch models is a plus
- Knowledge of the flow based electricity market coupling process is a plus
- Knowledge of QGIS, similar GIS software or equivalent R packages is a plus
- Knowledge of Github is a plus
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role as a Data Scientist, then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.