Our client in Chelmsford is seeking talented and skilled High Voltage Electronic Engineers for contract in Essex. The successful candidates will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for High Voltage design in areas such as military, industrial microwave and medical. This is a 12 month contract paying competitive rates.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Requirement gathering of high voltage assemblies and systems
- Plan, design and develop high voltage assemblies and systems to meet those requirements
- Confirm that the designs are suitable for the customer specified operating conditions and any regulatory compliance
- Afford expertise to help ensure product is designed for manufacture.
- Arranges, populates and controls the development data packs; collating drawings, work instructions, development bills of material, build standards and manufacturing data in compliance with company procedures in preparation for subsequent transfer to production.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal (subsystem qualification test level), to rigorously prove the correct operation of hardware prior to system integration
- Design of high voltage power electronics
- Test and commissioning of high voltage systems and use of electrical, electronic and microwave test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of industry standard schematic capture and electronic simulation tools
- Expertise with HV PCB design techniques using CADSTAR software
- Experienced in designing products to operate within a high noise environment.
- A good understanding of industrial compliance requirements including legislative, EMC/EMI & environmental testing, as well as knowledge of EN61010 and Medical device standards would be desirable.
Please don’t hesitate to apply.