Endeavour Recruitment are looking for a Java Developer to join our Digital Transformation client’s team, based in Sheffield on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a renowned company, with good prospects of career progression.
The successful candidate will be working on solution design, assist in solution implementation, and be responsible for the technical delivery of complex solutions to a wide range of clients, as well as mentoring Junior Developers.
- Working closely with clients and the internal delivery team to ensure solutions meet business requirements and are delivered to client’s principles, standards and best practises
- Producing solution design documents covering baseline and target architectures for applications, integrations, data and technology
- Communicating directly with clients on all aspects of technical design, including running design workshops, providing recommendations and reasons for key design decisions
- Estimating the design and implementation effort of large-scale and complex eCommerce solutions and assisting in the delivery, migration and go-live planning
- Ownerships of the technical delivery, ensuring and demonstrating the quality of the deliverable, from code quality through to performance, scalability and security of the solution
- Keeping up to date with technology changed (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updates, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Java and J2EE development
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defied principles and guidelines
- Good Front-End Development skills in HTML, CSS and JS framework
- Desirable to have a good understanding of IBM WebSphere
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment
If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in touch with your CV