Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new contract opportunity for a Voice Engineer to join a global security client in Mons, Belgium. This contract is until the end of September 2019 and the rate for this role is €62 euros per hour.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be currently SC or NATO cleared.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a technical subject with substantial ICT content and 4 years post related experience.
- The absence of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
- Minimum four years’ experience with and in-depth knowledge of VoIP Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)/Telco provider networks and Cisco routers and switches;
- Minimum four years proven track of collaboration with vendors, resident engineering and operations staff to achieve system performance objectives by utilizing vendor’s toolkits for collection of maintenance data, and ability to analyses them for both service improvement and troubleshooting purposes.
- Minimum four years’ experience with the configuration and operation element management, network monitoring and event management tools such as HP Network Automation, Intermapper, Cisco Prime, Kiwi Syslog, Splunk.
- Very good knowledge of ICT Systems Engineering and the associated aspects of design, operations, administrations and maintenance, to include networks, interfaces, applications and protocols covering modern voice systems based on IP.
- Practical experience in ICT systems and services delivery, to include but not limited to: high and low-level designs, technical and functional solution evaluation, testing, implementation, transition, continuous services improvement, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) based delivery
- One, or more, years’ experience in on-line performance, accounting, fault, security and configuration management of smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment
- Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) certification
- Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Collaboration or higher certification
- Field experience and knowledge related to Session Border Controllers (SBC)
- Knowledge and experience on CISCO Call Centre Express (UCCX)
- Knowledge and experience on Microsoft Skype for Business (SfB)
- Understanding of the contemporary Telecommunication technology including TDM, MPLS.
- Professional experience in customer support, user incident handling, and of ITSM principles and practices by applying a standardized framework.
- ITILv3 Foundation training/certification.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
If you are pro-active and NATO/ SC cleared wanting to enhance your career and join an international client in the security sector do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.