Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Cloud Solutions Architect to work for a large client in the Energy Sector in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This is a permanent position and the salary is negotiable.
- 15+ years of proven experience in Cloud/IT/Networking/Operating systems.
- Preferably experienced in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Desirable Experience of Azure and AWS cloud provider technologies and deployment techniques including PowerShell.
- A degree in geo-science, engineering, computer science or business and experience in a similar role is required.
- Systems knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking – firewalls, traffic flow, security, switches
- Security – authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, LDAP, SAML, domain group policies
- Storage – file systems, DR, backups, data lakes, Hadoop
- Web technologies – IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, NodeJS, SharePoint
- Databases – Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server. SQL scripting and database administration
- Encryption – SSL, encoding/decoding
- Virtualisation – Hyper-V and VMWare experience, virtual appliances, VDI technologies
- Container/Docker technology – hyper-virtualisation and micro-services experience
- Server Operating systems - Windows, RHEL 6 and 7 system administration
- Graphics rendering technologies
- Thin-client technologies – XenApp, Horizon
- Programming – Python, Java, Linux BASH, PowerShell
- Applications – Oil industry experience, installation, configuration, troubleshooting
- Data management – knowledge of data types, nomenclature and governance across domains e.g. wells, seismic, production and drilling
If you want to enhance your career and join a large client in the Oil and Gas sector do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.