Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to join a leading software development organisation based in Cork in Ireland. The duration of this contract is 6 months and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €325.
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge.Net advantageous.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, HP ALM or Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies
- Contribute and evolve high quality test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.