Calling for an experienced Transition Manager to join a reputable, global organisation, based in Switzerland, for a 6 months+ contract.
The successful candidate will have over 5 years’ experience. A Swiss work permit is essential.
The Transition Manager’s role will involve the following tasks:
- Create detailed plans based on an existing high level transition strategy, ensure schedules are aligned with the main Project Plan
- Coordinate the transition plans execution
- Manage the schedule of the associated resources to the activities
- Monitor and Control the progress of the activities
- Report periodically to the Hague Project Manager the progress of the activities according to Prince2 methodology
- Raise any deviation to the plan when detected to the Hague Project Manager
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques
- Perform other tasks as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Recognized project management certification, preferably PRINCE2 practitioner level
- Knowledge of the PRINCE 2 project management methodology
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or above
- Good knowledge and experience of Agile project management methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Knowledge and experience in using project management tools such as Microsoft Project
- A team player with experience managing cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams working on short deadlines in both local and remote locations
- Ability to coordinate and understand the work of technical and business-oriented staff
- Understanding of green field development in a cloud environment
- Sound knowledge of industry leading cloud provider platform features and capabilities
- Technical background, university/college diploma or equivalent experience in a technical field
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience as senior project manager for delivery of large, resilient and secure software development projects.
- Experience in legacy system migration projects
- ITIL V3 Service Transition Management Certification
- French will be an advantage
Please apply and get in touch for further details on this not-to-be-missed contract opportunity!