Endeavour is looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Engineer to join our global telecoms service client, based in Brussels, initially for a 3 months contract, with possibility of extension.
As the successful candidate, you will be an active member of the IT infrastructure engineering team and maintain strong relationships with your peers from the operational, architect, network teams.
You role will involve:
- taking technical leadership & engineering ownership around multiple IT infrastructure components:
· Storage systems
· Linux platforms
· Virtualization platforms
- Delivering design for new solutions.
- Delivering extension / improvement design of the existing infrastructure & solutions based on latest capacity growth, delivered performance and based on future evolution forecasts.
- Managing the systems lifecycle (supplier roadmap evaluation, trigger new sw upgrades or system replacements).
- Conducting the necessary LAB Testing for any new solution validation (new technical solution, new software validations).
- Monitoring technological and supplier/market evolutions, shares best practices, lessons learned, define & document the detailed technical system architecture blueprints
- Contributing & driving technological infrastructure roadmap. Contributing in the definition of technical standards (solution standards, tools and methodologies).
- Conducting technical infrastructure workshops involving multiple stakeholders working in different units of the organization (IT operational, architect, network, business).
- Driving automation by building the necessary framework, tooling & procedures and by stimulating the use of the recommended scripts and tools within the organization.
- Analyzing and recommending plans for investing in IT infrastructure that will support the company strategic targets, improve the organization performance and/or provide cost reduction opportunities.
The ideal Infrastructure Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
Expert level (proven hands-on expertise) on:
- OS administration: Solaris, Redhat, Ubuntu
- Software distribution using tools like Redhat satellite, Puppet or equivalent
- SAN & NAS technologies: V-MAX, VNX, 3-PAR.
- virtualization platforms: VMware & KVM.
Good understanding of:
- Database technologies: MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle.
- Containers technologies: Docker
- IaaS services: AWS, Google & Azure
- Datacenter routing & switching (incl. integration with firewalling layers) : BGP, OSPF, 802.1Q, QinQ, Vswitch, Virtual Connect, VXLAN, NSX.
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools: Nagios, Netcool, Cacti
- Familiarity with project management (planning, follow up, communication)
Please apply for further details on the excellent contract opportunity!