SAP Project Manager - Transformation
Our Client in Cape Town, a large multi-National is undergoing an SAP Transformation and requires a skilled SAP Project Manager on this long term / 3-year project. The role is hybrid, and you will be required to be onsite at their offices in the CBD.
This role is urgent, we are ideally looking for someone that can start Mid-October but can wait up to 30 days for the right candidate.
You will be Project Managing the SAP on-premise to cloud S4/HANA.
This is a large SAP Transformation; it will start with Finance Modules as go live is April to tie in with the financial year.
Then Sales, distribution, transportation, and advertising modules.
Our client is currently working on Project Plans and workshops.
- Establish and implement best practice project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations;
- Formulate project requirements, investigate viability of projects, identify stakeholder needs and expectations and develop project scope accordingly;
- Develop and document project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately;
- Track, analyze and report on the progress of projects and ensure deliverables are on time and within budget, adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers as required;
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the company that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed; establish an effective interface with relevant stakeholders and nurture business relationships;
- Ensure the optimal allocation and use of resources for projects, and manage, mentor and guide the Project team;
- Manage projects in line with the established project management guidelines of the division/company (methodology and standards);
- In the case of IT projects, maintain relationships on each project managed with business owners and IT architecture to maintain business alignment and to achieve architectural compliance;
- Monitor and proactively mitigate project risks;
- Develop and manage the budgets associated with the relevant projects;
- Manage change control appropriately; and
- Remain up to date with relevant technologies and project management methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, BCom or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Formal Project Management qualifications and certifications like a diploma in project management from the FTI, PMBOK, PMP, PRINCE2 Certifications etc will count in the applicant’s favor.
- At least 8 years relevant project management experience with a proven track record of successful SAP and other IT related projects
- Experience with and exposure to SDLC, Agile and ASAP methodologies
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Strong Leadership abilities including the ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and results oriented
- Pressure resilience
- Business acumen
For further details, please don’t hesitate to apply