Are you looking for your next career opportunity?
A Lead DevOps Engineer is required to join our reputable client’s growing Software Engineering Team, based in central London. Working in partnership with the business, you’ll be critical in contributing to the whole software development lifecycle, using your technical skills in microservices, ‘DevOps’ and reusable Web Components.
As an ideal Lead Devops Engineer, you will have a strong understanding of DevOps principals as well as an in-depth knowledge of security best practice with the cloud platform. You will have thorough experience of cloud technologies (preferably Azure Platform) and experience of release and deployment tools.
The successful Lead Devops Engineer will also have substantial experience of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python) and experience of Azure automation using arm templates.
- Implement secure and scalable cloud platforms to support software development.
- Maintain and automate CI/CD pipelines for applications and systems.
- Keep the cloud platform secure and optimised.
- Assist the Head of Software Engineering in planning, guidance and direction to the team.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Guide, coach, and mentor other members of the team.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of cloud technologies preferably Azure Platform
- Experience of release and deployment tools ideally using Azure DevOps
- Experience of micro services and containerisation architecture
- Substantial experience of scripting languages such as PowerShell scripts, YAML, Python
- Experience of azure automation using arm templates
- Strong networking knowledge (VNet, CDN, DNS, LB, gateways)
- Experience of Linux, Windows Server, Azure SQL Server, Azure Storage, CosmosDB
- Experience in cloud security management (IAM, Security Groups, certificates & key management)
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting platforms such as app Insights
- Distributed source control i.e. GIT
- Experience of working within an Agile and Scrum team
Please send us a copy of your CV or get in touch for more info ASAP!