Cybersecurity Analyst / Engineer - Security Operations Centre (SOC)
Our client has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer / Analyst for a fully remote or hybrid role working with a global market leader. This role will be an initial 12-month contract with further extensions. You need to be willing to work hours on GMT time.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Quickly resolve any security devices system failures and troubleshoots issues with the OEM.
- Research Cybersecurity Technologies & keep abreast of trends and standards.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of Cybersecurity solution development and integration (including management of security infrastructure changes, deviations from specifications, etc.).
Support the implementing and operate the processes to support the Security Operations Framework and highlight the challenges in managing the SLAs with the Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
- Manage and collaborate on security incidents through to resolution between security operations and the Regional Security Officers (RSO’s).
- Review and analyse reports, dashboards, metrics to support SOC operations. Suggest and implement remediation actions where needed.
- Obtains vulnerability information and co-ordinates remediation efforts with the Regional Security Officers (RSO’s).
- Ensuring that the MSSP incident response activities are conducted in accordance with Aspen Group approved policies and procedures, appropriate to the severity and risk of the incident.
- Take proactive actions to prevent an information security incident from occurring or escalating, where possible.
- Perform and support any Cyber Security activities to enhance the Cyber Security posture for the Aspen Group Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
Current Industry certification in Information Security, Cyber Security and Cloud Security
Current Industry certification in Cloud Security Platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
Business Process Management Methodology (i.e., BPM, SDLC, ITIL, DevOps, Agile, COBIT)
3+ working years’ experience in Cyber Security Operations.
3+ working years’ experience in engaging with a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
A sound understanding in various application development software from a plan, build and run perspective
Proven technical experience in managing Cloud platform Security from a plan, build and run perspective.
Desirable, but not essential
IT Technical/professional knowledge
Cyber Security Industry knowledge
Microsoft Sentinel and Microsoft Defender
Qualys and or other Vulnerability Management solutions
Identity & Access Management
Python, C++, Java development and code scripting, C++
Linux, Windows, Unix operating systems