Calling for an experienced Technical Author to join one of our clients based in Bristol.
You will be playing a vital role in helping our client deliver its technical documentation commitments all over the world. A working knowledge of the authoring process in an engineering environment is highly desirable.
The successful Technical Author would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
The current team has a mix of personnel, ranging from apprentice, graduates to team members who bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the client product range.
We are looking for a Technical Author with a forward thinking and problem-solving mindset, as well as a strong team spirit.
- Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- You will need to be familiar in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and Guidance Documents, a CSDB (Common Source Data Base) environment and the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners' interaction, a strong resilience and a good communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
Please send your CV or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity to join a great team!