Software Developer – React
Our client, a Global Leader inmobile satellite communications has a need for a skilled Software Developer to join the Team. React and or Java. We can split the role into two positions.
You will be working as part of a team of developers supporting the evolution of our clients capabilities, ensuring it remains world-class in support of existing and future services.
- To undertake software development and support of applications
- Working with system and application users to understand new requirements, develop and test new features
- To organise and present design and code reviews for work undertaken
- To provide written and verbal progress reports
- Have a conscientious approach to testing and documentation
- Working alongside engineers from the Development & Engineering divisions to understand the design and architecture of new services to be launched and ensuring there are appropriate interfaces to allow the collection of appropriate monitoring and service information
- Interact with Operations, Product Management and Customer Support teams to answer customer questions and help resolve customer network issues, identify and resolve software bugs
- To take responsibility for the enhancement and maintenance of software supporting the Billing/Assurance streams
- Ongoing work with Inmarsat’s Billing and IT Operational teams aiming to agree clear demarcation and responsibility for the delivery of operational solutions and tools
- Support Billing/Assurance Operational teams with fault finding/diagnosis.
- Liaise with engineering divisions to ensure systems correctly reflects any proposed changes to existing services
- To support and troubleshoot the operational systems developed and supported by the SAS group. This may include providing on-call/call out support
Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc in either Computer Science or a technical/engineering discipline
- Hands-on Java development working in a real-time operational environment
- Experience of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with Web/REST API programming
- Experience in web development frameworks, such as ReactJS and Angular
- Experience with event streaming platforms, such as Kafka, in particular use of Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, and KSQL
- Practical experience of whole software development lifecycle, producing high quality re-useable code in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in team and corporate environments
- A reasonable understanding and appreciation of IT and network security best practices
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of IP networks and exposure to network troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar tools
- Experience of concurrent programming
- Experience in user interface design
- Experience in using Apache Camel, Scala and Groovy to manage Active MQ environments
- Exposure to micro service architecture and RESTful web services
- Good experience of scripting and task automation using languages such as Awk, Maven
- Familiarity with Influx/Tick Stack
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
For further details regarding this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.