CONTRACT ROLE – OUTSIDE IR35 – Security Cleared
C++, Java, Linux, Embedded, Firmware
Senior Software Engineer – Military – Defence - Navy
Location: Surrey, Weybridge
We have an exciting Contract role for a Senior Software Engineer with C++, Java, Linux, embedded, firmware and previous SC Clearance to join our client on a 6 – 12-month contract, which is outside IR35.
We are looking for candidates ideally with a background in any of the following: Military, Defence, Naval, Sonar.
- Software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a range of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor networked systems.
- Work with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions, including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
- Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
- Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leading to customer acceptance
- Undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be required on projects, bids and product development activities.
- Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
- C++, Java, Linux, Embedded, Firmware, NetBeans.
- Evaluate, mitigate, and manage engineering risks across projects for which you
- will be directly/indirectly responsible.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
- Innovative and creative thinking
Previous Security Clearance (SC) will be of use for this role as the role is for a defence client. Previous experience with any of the following will be of use: Sonar, Defence, Navy, Military.