Mechanical Design Engineer
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client, a global market leader in the materials handling systems industry.
In this role you will be responsible for the design of the mechanical aspects of material handling systems, to a given specification, within cost and time scale constraints, and to the customers’ requirements.
• Interpret project layout and specification into final design layout and conveyor data list, under the guidance of the lead engineer.
• Generate unit cycle times, system throughput, and general dimensional requirements. • Provide system integration drawings and specifications.
• Give advance notice of materials required to Purchase Department.
• Create detailed drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply.
• Specify details of any additional special conveyor elements or associated equipment.
• Create an installation file to pass on information to the site supervisor and installation team.
• Assist with system risk assessment (and unit risk assessment where necessary) in line with statutory requirements.
• Assist the documentation department to create Operating and Maintenance Instructions and spare parts lists as required.
Liaise with systems sales and project engineers during project phase
• Liaise with contract managers, customer and sub-contractors during order execution phase
• Liaise with production planning and purchase departments
• Liaise with and provide technical information to any department so entitled, i.e. controls, software, projects, service, spares
• Maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
• Where necessary to develop special and new standard products to suit specific projects and new markets • Comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual