Fantastic 12 months fixed-term contract opportunity for a Data Specialist to join global award-winning publishing organisation, based in London!
The role would suit someone with publishing experience looking to improve their systems knowledge and skills, or a systems-orientated profile who is looking to gain their first experience in publishing.
The selected Data Specialist will be reporting to Data Integration and Support Manager. You will be working from home until our client’s offices re-open.
As a Data specialist, your main responsibility is to execute the tasks required for various data quality initiatives. This includes the coordination and execution of acquisition-related data migration, and provide professional and effective support to the users of our client’s core finance and publishing systems.
- Supporting data quality initiatives, including assessing, cleaning and loading data in bulk on acquisition projects, backlist data reviews, etc. as directed by the Data Integration and Support Manager
- Maintenance and bulk loading of title data on third party title databases (e.g. Amazon Vendor Central)
- Providing excellent first line support on business applications managed by the Business Systems team, including Biblio, VI Portal, Focal Point, Dimensions and (future) Cognos, including user account set up, to agreed service levels.
- Escalating support issues to colleagues and vendors.
- Managing the support queue, including the proper classification of tickets in Zendesk.
- Assisting with systems testing and configuration.
- Monitoring operations, such as scheduled feeds and interfaces; troubleshooting and escalating issues with these to Line Manager or team leads as directed.
- Fielding and investigating issues with data feeds to 3rd parties (aggregators and retailers); maintaining a log of these issues; working to reduce issues and improve the mechanism generally.
- Using third party ticketing systems (e.g. Amazon Vendor Central) to log, monitor and progress issues.
- Referring data issues to responsible business (mainly editorial) staff for correction and following up as required
- Producing reports on data quality and open issues for Business Systems team and colleagues within the business.
Required skills and experience:
- Customer-focused, with a professional, patient and friendly manner
- Conversant with basic IT concepts
- Strong systems aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Biblio3 software a plus
- ONIX a plus
Please apply ASAP or get in touch for further details on this exciting opportunity!