We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer to join our client, a market leader in the booking industry.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys driving our technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to our Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing our existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with Back-end Developers to design and develop our web-sites, partner white labels, web services and APIs.
- Deliver high-quality, high conversion rate solutions that provide an intuitive workflow for internal users and external customers.
- Collaborate on application architecture, design and UX to develop solutions that are usable, accessible and make a strong visual impact.
- Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our our Technical Architecture.
- Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
- Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code
- Represent the development team with internal and external customers
- Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
- Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner
- Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
- Experience working with and helping improve PHP APIs developed by Backend team.
- Practical understanding of UI/UX design concepts.
- Produced your own and worked with agency wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Methodical approach to Cross-browser/multi-device coding
- Strong knowledge of web page performance optimisation
- Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
- Experience working on multilingual applications.
- Understanding of front end automation and testing frameworks.
- The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
What we offer:
- Full-time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Company share scheme, so the opportunity exists to own equity in the business by actively contributing towards the company exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
- Flexible hours
- Relaxed atmosphere