APPLICATION OPERATIONS MANAGER required for long-term contract opportunity with global reputable organisation, based in Switzerland.
This is an excellent remote contract!
As an Application Operations Manager, you will be responsible for release, deployment and operation of a diverse portfolio of complex projects and business applications, providing a support role to the owners of business applications and ensuring operational efficiency, compliance, risk mitigation and the achievement of business area results. You will also help with onboarding of resources and setting up of development environments.
The selected Application Operations Manager will cover the following deliverable tasks:
- Be the first point of contact for application specific incidents. Provide analysis and details to business clients and development teams.
- Be responsible for maintaining of the lists of application specific incidents. Identify and analyse causes, prioritize improvements and work with teams on fixes.
- Working close with development and other client teams, continuously improve monitoring, alerting and resolution capabilities. Provide technical leadership and oversee the planning, design, implementation, and support of a wide range of varied and complex business software systems from release and operations point of view.
- Support and help business teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access and using the systems. Input, correct and review business data if required.
- Support and help development teams with onboarding, setting up of environments, access to systems, interpretation of operational data, release management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, anticipate and analyse technological trends and assess their impact for delivering and supporting complex software applications.
- Ensure collaborative and active stakeholder engagement. Manage relationships between IT and business areas in major functional areas with multiple lines of service with a view to understanding and anticipating business and IT needs and establishing clear service expectations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
• Advanced university degree in computer science, information science or other closely related field. A first-level university degree, preferably in computer or information science, plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the experience required below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Desirable: ITIL or another service and/or project management framework
• At least 5 years of experience in the provision of IT services working with the development and deployment of major IT systems.
• Significant hands-on experience in monitoring, problem analysis, prioritization and optimization.
• Good understanding of release management and SDLC
• Hands-on experience in at least 2 of the following technical areas:
o Monitoring and alerting in AWS environment
o CI/CD in AWS cloud
o CI/CD of Java based applications
o Data backup, recovery and migration
• Experience or training in at least 2 of the following:
o ITIL or another service management framework
o Managing defects and incidents
o Business continuity practices and/or ISO Quality Management Standards
o PRINCE2 or another project management framework
• Demonstrated soft skills in critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and adaptability.
• Ability to cultivate innovation and manage change. Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results.
• Ability to communicate on technical issues with a diverse audience. Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please apply ASAP or get in touch for more info on this not-to-be-missed long-term opportunity!