Front End Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer to join our client, a leading digital agency / ecommerce company based in Sheffield. This is a permanent role and is remote, but ideally they want people who are local to them and can come into the office when needed.
The successful candidate will be required to work on and deliver front end solutions to a wide range of clients. Will be required to work closely with clients and internal delivery teams to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to principles, standards and best practices.
Build and develop React websites/web apps, keeping to project specifications and deadlines.
Develop, test, deploy and maintain valid HTML and CSS mark-up.
Learn other relevant languages and/or frameworks where required.
Work collaboratively with other developers to share knowledge and solutions.
Use, maintain and create in-house documentation to integrate a wide variety of features and functionality.
Providing estimates for the implementation of front end projects.
Identifying impacts of a given task and challenging business requirements or suggesting alternate solutions where necessary.
Keeping up to date with technology changes (e.g. trends, software updates, platform updated, 3rd party solutions) and reviewing these for recommendation into new projects or existing clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experience developing medium/large scale react applications.
Experience with hybrid react apps (SSR & client-side rendering).
Strong understanding of web fundamentals, including HTML and CSS, browser support and accessibility.
Experience with pre-processor CSS languages (sass/less).
Are knowledgeable about modern build and versioning tools, including git, npm/gulp.
Able to communicate well and are able to simplify technical concepts to stakeholders.
Strong understanding of mobile-first, responsive and adaptive design
Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
ADDITIONAL/ DESIRABLE SKILLS
Previous experience of working in an Agile environment.
Experience developing IBM WebSphere Commerce sites.
Experience developing Progressive Web Apps.
For further details regarding the role and this client, please don’t hesitate to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a React Front End Developer to join our client, a market leader in the booking industry.
This is a key position within the business that will help steer and shape our future. As such, you will be the kind of person who enjoys driving our technology forward with each release. You will actively contribute to our Technical Architecture and Roadmap. In addition to maintaining and enhancing our existing applications, there will be plenty of opportunity for working on greenfield projects.
What you’ll be doing:
· Work with Back-end Developers to design and develop our web-sites, partner white labels, web services and APIs.
· Deliver high-quality, high conversion rate solutions that provide an intuitive workflow for internal users and external customers.
· Collaborate on application architecture, design and UX to develop solutions that are usable, accessible and make a strong visual impact.
· Ensure your code is secure and efficient and that it will meet capacity demands
· Contribute to continuous improvement of our our Technical Architecture.
· Use automation to improve efficiency and reliability of releases.
· Follow Development best practices to design, plan, develop and ship good code
· Represent the development team with internal and external customers
· Speak up and contribute ideas to progress and increase the success of the business.
· Take responsibility for delivering your projects in a timely manner
· Enjoy communicating plans and progress clearly via Teams, Jira, Email etc.
· Restful Api
· Practical understanding of UI/UX design concepts.
· Produced your own and worked with agency wireframes, mockups and prototypes
· Methodical approach to Cross-browser/multi-device coding
· Strong knowledge of web page performance optimisation
· Experience using Git as a version control system in a team context
· Experience working on multilingual applications.
· Understanding of front end automation and testing frameworks.
· The ability to contribute high quality code and contribute to peer reviews offering constructive feedback on code style, naming and design.
· Strong teamwork and communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
· Great problem solving and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Experience writing clear specifications from gathered requirements and breaking down projects into simple tasks that can be delegated to keep all business priorities moving forwards.
Experience working with and helping improve PHP APIs developed by Backend team would be desirable, but not essential. Full Stack Development experience would also be desirable.
What we offer:
· Full-time role, with six weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
· Company share scheme, so the opportunity exists to own equity in the business by actively contributing towards the company exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
· Flexibility to work remotely
· Pension Scheme (once passed probation)
· Flexible hours
· Relaxed atmosphere
- Develop/Maintain Ecommerce application for high end retail client
- High level of client interaction and need to drive technical and business innovation
- Develop front-end, service and data layer.
- Develop unit tests, understand build systems and source code control (MVN, GIT)
- Peer review of detailed designs, code and unit tests.
- Bug fixing and enhancement implementation.Production support
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
N-Tier application design and development
Experience in working with modern frontend frameworks such as AngularJS 1.x, AngularJS 2+, React, Vue desirable
Experience with git source control and collaboration tool such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack
Experience of agile development methodology
Experience with web frameworks, interactive web development, responsive web design
Please apply for this not to be missed contract opportunity.
Excellent long term contract opportunity for a a Full Stack Developer to join a leading European Client.
- A Bachelor or a Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Creative and curious about everything that has to do with IT. People even call you a geek sometimes
- Open-minded, keen on learning new technologies, problem-solver, with good communication skills.
- Flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented
- Creative & user-oriented
- Team spirit is a strong requirement.
- Initiative and proactivity are your nicknames.
- You speak English and knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset
- Understanding of CSS and HTML styling
- Understanding of the REST architectural style, including HTTP, URLs and JSON
- Working experience with code versioning tools, ideally Git
- Familiarity with unit testing, preferably Jest
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, preferably NPM, Babel, webpack
- Familiarity with Java, Spring and SpringBoot
- Ability to understand technical requirements and translate them into components and working solutions
- Experience in coaching backend developers towards full-stack developers is welcomed
- Understanding of React.js, JSX and Redux, including pure functions, components, state management
- Familiarity with any of Ant.design, RxJs, React-component or React-virtualised is welcomed
- Familiarity with static type checking, preferably Flow
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript 6 and beyond
- Familiarity with application testing, preferably Selenium or RobotFramework
- Familiarity with Linux or another UNIX
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Please get in touch for further details on this long term contract opportunity.
Endeavour has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Back-End developer, to join our Digital Commerce client’s team, based in London.
As a Back-End Developer you will develop, test and document advanced e-commerce solutions for our client.
The successful Back-End developer will be involved in the following deliverables:
- Develop custom Magento extensions (client specific or internal) based on the brief set out in the technical specification C
- Create system integrations between Magento and external systems and APIs
- Facilitate Magento migrations (from Magento 1 or other platforms to Magento 2)
- Participate in the development of our own tools, frameworks and extensions used as a basis on client implementations
- Provide bug fixing and root cause analysis assistance on support tickets
- Document new software components
- Approach any development with the utmost attention to code quality, Magento best practices, re-usability, security, performance and upgradeability
- Provide general assistance and mentoring of other developers
- Advise PMs / TAs on best technical approach to major tasks
- Participate in Code Audits Reports requested by existing or new clients
- Participate in reviewing backend developer application tests
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years Magento (Magento 2 experience is a plus) and PHP development experience
- Magento Certified Developer (Solution Specialist Certification is nice to have)
- Excellent knowledge of the architecture and core concepts of Magento's most important modules, Core, Catalog, Customer, Quote, Checkout & Sales
- Excellent knowledge of Magento's frontend rendering mechanism, layout, blocks and templates
- Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented PHP, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Git and distributed source control concepts, including branching and merging strategies
- Good knowledge of the Linux command line, SSH, CLI tools
- Excellent MySQL knowledge and schema design
- Excellent knowledge of API technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge of debugging tools and code profiling
- Experience with unit testing and static code analysis
- Experience with virtualization technologies, e.g. Docker / Vagrant
Please, get in touch to discuss this great opportunity or send us your CV ASAP!
Endeavour has a fantastic career opportunity for a skilled Software Engineer with a focus on Java, to join a Global client, specialised in the mobility industry, based in the UK headquarters in Dorset.
The successful Software Engineer will be working in a team of four to eight software engineers and will be maintaining and developing our client’s Back Office Systems.
Your responsibilities as a Software Engineer will include:
- Perform role of Scrum Master in agile working environments.
- Prepare refinements and sprint planning.
- Assist the preparation of system design solutions.
- Produce detailed design documentation as required.
- Produce test and integration instructions as required.
- Write software to implement design functionality.
- Write test harnesses to test software unit functionality (unit tests).
- Write tests to support design integration (acceptance tests).
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release.
- Undertake peer design reviews.
- Java - support of legacy stacks
- C#, .NET Framework, WPF
- REST, Microservices
- NUnit, MSTest
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOA and SaaS
- Continuous integration environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Team Foundation Server, Jira and Confluence
- Experience of working within Agile methodologies
Please get in touch and send us your CV, to apply ASAP!
Endeavour Recruitment are seeking an experienced .NET Developer to join our marketing agency client based in Central London for a short-term contract. Approx 20 working days at a rate of £400 per day.
To be successful in this .NET Developer role we are looking for someone with the following experience -
- .NET Core
- REST API
- Entity Framework
- Experience working as a developer within marketing, media, sales, etc
Please apply asap to be considered for this .NET Developer role.
Our Client is looking for a Software Team Lead with strong technical and people skills to lead a team of Software Developers.
The role is based in our Clients Brighton Office and paying a salary of £50,000.
You will own the development roadmap, develop project plans and resource projects, manage, mentor and coach the team, and ensure high standards of software quality.
You must have previous experience with hands on software development and a passion for technology.
Our client uses the following technologies, you aren’t expected to know all of them, but firm experience coding with some of them would be beneficial.
• .Net / MVC
• REST / SOAP
• MS SQL Server or MS SQL
• PHP Frameworks, Symfony, Zend, MVC
• Version Control using GitHub or SVN
• AWS or other Cloud Infrastructure
• Mobile platforms / applications.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking a Software Engineer to join our client, a SaaS company providing solutions to the automotive industry, based in Milton Keynes. As a Software Engineer you will be fulling involved with the design, developing, testing, and delivery of solutions. Our client is offering a salary of up to £55k DOE.
The successful Software Engineer will have experience with the following –
- SQL Server
- Database modelling
Please apply ASAP to be considered for this Software Engineer role.
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent new opportunity for a Java Developer to work for a specialist client in the Software Development sector in Cork, Ireland. The duration of this contract is for 12 months and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €340 euros. If you are looking for a new challenge as a java developer; please get in touch!
Role and Responsibilities:
- This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major enterprise application.
- The role will require constant interaction with other developers in the team and project management to develop and maintain a robust, scalable, and performant system.
- A minimum of 3 years commercial experience in back-end and front-end Java EE technologies (Java, JPA, JSP , GWT, Spring Hibernate, Spring Boot).
- N-Tier application design and development
- Spring, Hibernate, JPA, REST
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE
- Web Service Development
- Strong application process flow and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to set and work to fixed deadlines
- Good level of software engineering literacy and communication skills
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Third level IT or related qualification
- Spring MVC
- AngularJS 6+
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Confluence)
- Rules Engines knowledge particularly Drools
If you are a pro-active and eager person wanting to enhance your career and join an international client in the public sector as a Java Developer do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your most recent CV.