Hybrid – 3 days onsite - Sheffield
As a Java Developer, you will help to develop and support large scale E-Commerce websites. You will be required to work closely with our clients and our internal delivery teams to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to our clients principles, standards and best practices.
- Migration of legacy applications to modern container-based microservice architectures
- Delivering to deadlines working in a Scrum methodology, using effective time management skills
- Use excellent communication and documentation skills, in a role which will be regularly customer facing
- Work collaboratively with both local and offshore teams and developers
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years Java (Spring) development experience
- An understanding of web technologies and an appreciation for capacity and performance design considerations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- One or more cloud container platforms (e.g. Red Hat OpenShift, Google GKS, AWS EKS, Azure AKS) – Proven experience, deploying apps within Google Cloud Platform is preferable.
- Docker with Kubernetes experience being beneficial.
- REST API development
- Interacting and developing with SQL databases (e.g. IBM DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux or MacOS X.
- Middleware experience
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organised team player
- Desire and drive to progress through the organisation
- Confident telephone, workshop and client meeting manner
- Display a positive attitude
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package compromising of a basic and bonus plan
- Attractive Company Pension Scheme
- 21 days’ holiday entitlement which increases with length of service
- Day off on your birthday!
- Ongoing learning and development with access to our online portal
- Employee recognition scheme
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Social events and team building