Calling for an EU based Operational Engineer with Java development background.
Contract opportunity for a Telecoms client based in Belgium.
Hybrid remote/onsite work model.
The selected Operations Engineer will be joining the Middleware Architecture team of our client to perform some of the operational tasks directly in relation with the agile team delivery.
You’ll be integrated in an agile team (scrum methodology), with some other developers,
architects, product owner and scrum master.
In this team, you will perform the following type of tasks:
• aligning with stakeholders on their requirements
• you’ll participate to the standard agile ceremonies
• you’ll participate to some of the component development
• you’ll develop scripts to automate installation, configuration and deployment
• you’ll closely work with middleware operational team to perform several operation tasks
following their standards and their procedure:
- Daily synch with operational team
- Operational documentation of procedures
- Share of knowledge with operational team
- Setup & deployment of components in different environments
- Configuration of components
- 2nd line support in case of trouble shooting
The successful Operations Engineer will have proven experience with:
• shell scripting (eg: bash).
• Good experience of Unix
• Automation (eg: setting up CI/CD pipelines or something equivalent)
• Understanding of IT elements such as DNS, load-balancers
• configuration on Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck or equivalent
• how to setup & update system environmental variables
• performing technical testing (sanity & stress)
• Java development and Springboot framework
Please apply ASAP or contact us for further info on this exciting contract opportunity!