Endeavour has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced and committed iSeries Support Engineer to join a Global iSeries Operations team in the Asia Pacific region.
The chosen candidate will be involved in support activities related to the platform and support the ERP (BPCS). Due to the high level of complexity of the systems, this role requires solid problem-solving skills. He/she will have the opportunity to work in a highly motivated team in a challenging global environment.
- Guarantee an excellent quality of the consolidated server, located in Belgium, and global users by providing support and resolving end-users issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Analyze business requirements, write up functional and technical specifications and documentation.
- Participate in projects, providing support.
Educational and experience requirements :
- University degree, a bachelor degree in ICT or equated by experience. You have a strong analytical and customer-focused mindset.
- An excellent knowledge of English is required.
- 5 years’ experience iSeries / Power Systems Administration including OS V7R1+ Management.
- Analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems with little or no assistance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with other team members and customers of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Understanding and experience with software development processes including defining business requirements, defining technical specifications, development procedures, testing procedures, change management and implementation.
- System security management
- Backup planning, installation and administration
- Alerting and monitoring administration
- System monitoring system logs, alerting, security events, system health
- Remote monitoring systems
- Networking fundamentals
- BPCS, SAP or other ERP systems
- Experience with iSeries (AS/400) Operations.
- Knowledge of CL and RPG (4)/ILE programming languages is a plus.
- DB2 on operating system and related products
- Change management and best practice procedures
- Business continuity planning and execution
- Network designs, components and devices
Kindly get in touch for further details.