Endeavour is looking for an experienced QA Test Engineer for a 6 month contract position at our client’s development office in Cork.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical testing background and an interest in moving towards a development role or some level of production support background, especially in a web based system.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the software development teams and management to ensure that the company continues to deliver high quality software and maintains the operation of existing production systems.
Your role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Provide input and leadership to the project team as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance to the project team about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Report regularly on the test metrics and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Review specification documents with the project team so that accurate and comprehensive test plans can be created.
- Ensure deployed software meets expectations and have frequent reviews with the project team on the status and results of testing.
- Be competent in the use of test automation and test tracking tools to maximise productivity during the regression testing and performance testing phases of the project.
- Recommend and develop improvements to the current testing process.
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Take ownership over incoming support issues and where possible learn how to apply simple production fixes or direct to the correct internal resource.
- You may be required to work in excess of the normal working day to achieve a particular project deadline
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
Required skills / experience:
- Must have 4+ cumulative years system-testing experience (not localisation) with particular emphasis on web based testing.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience with regression, integration and system level test execution.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), HP Quick Test Professional, Selenium or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of performance / load testing tools Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition) or similar
- Experience in the use of defect tracking tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to understand how an application is architected and understanding of where to go looking for issues
- Experience in dealing with data and understanding of SQL would be highly beneficial.
- Self-starter, proactive, with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take ownership over problems and drive through to resolution.
- Track record of achieving results and high standards.
- Experience of working on different teams and different technologies with an ability to test across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in small teams and individually, managing your own time.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Experience in communicating directly with clients.
- Candidates who apply must be eligible to work in Ireland and hold a Stamp 4 visa
Please get in touch ASAP for further details on this exciting contract opportunity!
This is an opportunity for a SQL Server Database Administrator to join a technology firm based in Southampton, Hampshire. You will be responsible The maintenance, support and administration of Microsoft SQL database environments.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:-
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a SQL centric role (SQL Server 2005 onwards).
- Using SQL Server Availability Groups or Log Shipping or Database Mirroring.
- Experience of working on live production systems.
- In depth SQL Server skills including:
o performance tuning
o high availability
o database configuration and management
o applying database security practices
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:-
- Competent with Windows operating system and high-level server / storage infrastructure.
- Experience using SSAS / SSRS / SSIS.
- Writing PowerShell scripts.
- Administering a Data Warehouse.
- DR / Business Continuity.
Please get in touch to be considered for this fantastic permanent role
Product Manager/Functional Analyst / Belgium / €600 pd / Utilities / MIG6
Endeavour has an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is Fluent (written & verbal) in English, Dutch and or French candidate with a master’s degree or at least 5 years working experience.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active team player, who possesses a mature and flexible attitude, demonstrating the ability to deal with a diverse and evolving environment.
Both knowledge and experience of the Energy sector and MIG6 market principles will be of great value, providing solutions with a sustainable future.
Essential Technical Background and skills required for the role:
- ESB and SOA concepts and tools such as BizTalk.
- XML, XSD and XML Schema design tools.
- Experience with .Net/Java platforms.
- Proficiency in relational database concepts and databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Ruling engine concepts.
- Experience in modelling concepts (e.g. UML, BPM) and modelling tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect).
Within the MIG6-project the chosen will also act as Functional Analyst within the cross-application analysis team, you will be responsible for the translation of specific business needs and requirements towards EnergyComm and Market Framework in close collaboration with the other cross-application analysts.
Please apply and get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour is looking for an experienced a .NET developer, front-end oriented to join a reputable Telcoms client, based in Belgium, initially for 6 months, with possible extensions.
The successful developer will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in the requested technology
- VB.NET / C#
- Visual Studio
- .NET Framework
- .NET Windows Form
- ASP.NET: Web services
- ASP.NET MVC
Languages required: English mandatory, French and Dutch optional
- AngularJS, Angular2, TypeScript
- Oracle PL/SQL: for the migration
- WCF (Windows Communication Framework)
- experience in call centre is a high added value
Please, get in touch for further details on this exciting contract opportunity!
Endeavour Recruitment has an superb opportunity for a degree educated Cloud Automation Developer with a minimum 7 years relevant experience and expertise to join our Devops team in Brussels. This is a 6 month contract with possible extension.
Requirements of the project
As a Cloud Automation Developer, you will take up a role in the Devops team. You will take ownership in the implementation and maintenance of the data center tooling landscape.
You will focus on automating service delivery and providing means for easy and low cost operations. You support different teams that design.
This includes the specific following tasks and responsibilities:
- Development and support on our CMDB & Automation engine
- Analysis & development for data center automation projects
- Development & operational support on our external world interface
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience and expertise in:
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, PrimeFaces, …
- SQL (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres, Oracle, NoSQL, ...)
- Adobe Flex, ActionScript
- Perl, Phyton, Ruby, PHP…
- WebServices: SOAP, REST, JSON, …
- Linux (RedHat)
- Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS suite, ..
- Agile development & Scrum principles
- SVN, GitLab source control
- CI/CD methodology and tooling experience (Jenkins, …)
- Knowledge of typical data center related technologies (TCP/IP, networking, security, virtualization, storage, systems, monitoring, ...)
- You take initiative and systematically drive for results
- You are a team player
- You are able to meet and exceed customers’ expectations (internal or external)
- You are able to inform your customers/colleagues timely and efficiently
- You manage your time and project planning efficiently
- You are able to learn quickly
Do you have at least 4 years’ experience as a Java Developer?
Do you have a Bachelor and/or Master degree in Information Technology?
Have you got excellent communication and prioritising skills?
Are you a Team player with an eye for detail.
If you can answer yes to the above questions, then we really want to hear from you.
Endeavour Recruitment is urgently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join a large European organisation, based in Brussels to maintain and develop Management Applications.
- English (B1)
- Angular JS
- Toad for Oracle
- Maveric or Junit is an advantage.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months+
We look forward to receiving your applications along with your most up to date CV that includes all relevant experience.
Endeavour Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Technical Project Manager. Working closely with the project manager, primary responsibility will be the delivery of the technical scope of projects throughout the full life cycle.
The Technical Project Manager will manage teams of software engineers and testers to deliver projects to requisite quality standards on time and within budget. There will also be responsibility for the delivery of the technical scope of the project throughout the complete project lifecycle. This is not a “hands on development role” but is about management of teams, resolving issues arising and guiding where necessary.
- Minimum of 5 Years in Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Minimum of 3 Years in a Technical Lead role
- Experience of Designing & Implementing High Availability Systems
- Analysing Requirements & Compiling Functional Design
- Agile, Waterfall and V methodologies
- C# - ASP.Net – Visual Studio
- Experience of working in ISO9001 environment
- Onsite Testing experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Business Intelligence reporting and associated dashboard design capability.
- Good working knowledge of current software legislative requirements.
- Previous experience in either Logistics, Material Handling or Airports or Manufacturing.
- Eligible for, or holds current SC clearance
Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible in order to be included in the shortlist.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an extremely talented Web Developer for their client in the Travel & Tourism Industry based in East Sussex. This is a permanent role and the salary will be commensurate with experience ranging between £30K and £45K.
Working as part of a team you would be joining the rapidly expending IT Department. With a minimum of 2 years’ experience, you must enjoy learning, technology and problem solving.
Attributes for this role:
- A proficient full stack developer
- Familiar working in an Agile environment
- Proactive with good organisational skills
- 2+ years’ experience as a Web App Developer/Full Stack Developer.
- Prior experience of developing for mobile platforms/applications.
- Responsive Design for multiple devices and platforms including frameworks.
- Some database experience.
- REST / SOAP
- MS SQL Server or MS SQL
- PHP Frameworks, Symfony, Zend, MVC
- Version Control using GitHub or SVN
- AWS or other Cloud Infrastructure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to apply.
Endeavour Recruitment has a new requirement for an experienced Service Desk Analyst for their busy client in Brighton. Our client is seeking candidates who are Customer Focused and can provide technical troubleshooting support at 1st and 2nd Line. This is a Desktop, Server and LAN support role. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Primary responsibilities will be to maintain computer stations and software, set up new users, liaise with 3rd party suppliers, prioritise tickets and ensuring that all SLA’s are met.
- 2 Years’ Experience in a similar role
- Windows Desktop O/S
- Windows & Linux
- Office 365
- Networking – Switches, Routers, Broadband, Leased Lines, VoIP and Cabling
- Security – Patching & Firewalls
- Contact Centre Software
- Service Desk and Projects
If you don’t have all of the required experience, then please still apply as our client is keen to find the “right person” for the role regardless of experience.
Contract – 3 Months - £562 Weekly Rate
Ideal role for somebody looking to expand on existing experience. Good understanding of large data sets, data analysis and producing analytical reports.
May also suit candidates looking for shorter term contract, or contract closer to home. Role is based in Reading.
Candidates must have experience of SQL reporting and advanced use of Excel.
Please apply quickly to be shortlisted.