Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent long-term contract opportunity for a Second and Third Line Support SAP Consultant to join a multinational client in the public sector based in Munich, Germany. This is initially a 12 month contract and the all-inclusive daily rate for this role is €450 euros.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 2 years of experience with helpdesk activities
- Experience in a SAP environment SAP Vendor Master Data Management, SAP ERP i.e.: FI, CO, MM, SD, PS
- Knowledge in HR services i.e.: PA, PT, PY, PE, PD
- Experience with service desk software like Jira, Zendesk, iET, Remedy
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Strong knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Proven experience in working with people in a multinational, multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills in English both orally and in writing.
- German language skills would be an advantage
- Assistance with the provision and analyses of statistics for the Service Desk
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly SLA compliancy reports
- Make suggestions, by running reports and analysing trends
- Monitoring, processing and clarification of User requests for on-demand services
- Execution of special tasks entrusted by the line-manager
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent long term contract opportunity.
Endeavour has an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to join one of our reputable client, based in Luxembourg.
The ideal candidate will be have excellent communications skills, be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
The successful Oracle DBA will be involved in the following tasks:
• System administration of Oracle databases platforms.
• Responsible to Perform Oracle database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups/recovery and change management .
• Follow-up of incidents, problems, changes related to this platform. Troubleshoots issues with database instances and eliminates root causes through systematic problem management practices.
• First and second level support for Oracle and other RDBMS.
• Assist in maintaining and improving and innovation Oracle platform.
• Scrupulous follow-up of the rules and the respect for quality, KPI, security baselines and
Skills and experience required:
Relevant university degree or equivalent in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science,
Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Fluent in French
- Certified Oracle (10g /11g / 12c) or equivalent on experience.
- Knowledge of RMAN, Oracle RAC and Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL developer
- Other RDBMS (SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 …) knowledge considered an asset.
- 5 years+ in the Database domain specially as Oracle DBA..
- PSF certified
- Familiar with ITIL and IT Service management (roles and processes)
Please, get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity!
Endeavour is looking for a skilled Project Officer to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation based in London.
The ideal candidate will be working with Project Managers, supporting project planning, monitoring and management reporting for a large software development project.
Required skills and experience
•Prince2 foundation or above is desirable
•Experience in controlling and managing a project repository of documents and other deliverable.
•Experience in facilitating project management and requirements change management processes.
•Detailed project scheduling, support, monitoring and reporting, non-financial project administration, management of document repository, management of requirements changes.
•Experience with Microsoft Project tools for planning and tracking of project work;
•Knowledge of Atlassian, JIRA and Confluence as a delivery platform;
•Familiar with the role of configuration and document management in the context of a software Development project;
•Preparation and maintenance of detailed project schedules in MS Project, including resource planning, under the guidance of project management.
Please apply ASAP and get in touch for further details, on this excellent opportunity!
Technical Test Analyst / The Hague
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for a Technical Test Analyst with 5 years + experience to join a European client in the Hague on an initial 3-month contract .
Essential skills required for the role:
- Implementing independent test analysis, design and execution of functional and technical tests using available testing tools.
- Undertaking acceptance testing (UAT/OAT) of in-house / outsourced developed applications.
- Designing, executing and maintaining automated and manual test scripts and related test data.
- Designing and executing non-functional testing to establish efficiency, reliability, monitoring or maintainability of applications.
- Supporting data migration testing by assessing suitability of underlying data migration scripts and creating representative test data.
The successful candidate will have:
2 + years’ experience organizing/executing Non-Functional Systems or Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) of developed applications and/or tests on ICT infrastructure changes covering aspects such as efficiency, backup & restore, disaster recovery, ICT security, monitoring, installations.
1 year + experience in testing of (Windows/Linux) servers and network infrastructure, including aspects like VLANs, firewalls, load balancing, certificates, server hardening and patching.
6 months + experience in testing/scripting infrastructure packages in relation to servers in a virtualized environment (e.g. VMware) using DevOps approaches.
A minimum of 6 months experiences testing of supporting services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, MS Exchange, PKI, Queueing systems.
Knowledge of continuous testing of ICT infrastructure packages deployed using a DevOps approach.
Knowledge of scripting with PowerShell
Knowledge on structured test approaches & techniques on higher test levels (e.g. System-testing, Operational Acceptance Testing)
Testing the following Software Quality Characteristics: Functionality, Technical Security, Usability, Efficiency, Reliability, Maintainability, Portability.
Knowledge of security vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. NESSUS, OWASP ZAP).
Knowledge of using performance test tools (e.g. Visual Studio Load tests, HP Loadrunner, jMeter).
Knowledge of centralised monitoring tools (e.g. SCOM, Nagios) and/or, virtualization consoles (e.g. vSphere).
ISTQB and/or ITIL certified
Please get in touch for further details regarding this role.
Are you a certified Configuration Manager looking for a new contract opportunity working in a fantastic team for a large European client? Please get in touch for further details.
Essential experience required:
- Proven experience in Test environment management where environments were shared across multiple projects and maintenance activities.
- Experience using incidents and problem management processes.
- Working experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Tempo).
- Experience with Document and Content management systems (Documentum).
- Experience in multicultural and multilingual IT operations departments
- Knowledge of ISTQB.
Role-specific skills, competencies & responsibilities :
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Support the coordination of releases and changes in the test environments by following the processes in place.
- Improve, streamline and expand existing processes.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate IT Operations resources to ensure effective and successful completion of releases & changes.
- Work closely with various IT teams to ensure a timely completion of releases & changes in the test environments.
- Follow up on incidents and problems management activities related to test environments.
- Prepare and maintain the calendar of test releases and communicate it to IT operations teams.
- Participate in Continual Service Improvement (CSI) ITIL lifecycle phase.
- Produce reports on activities for management.
- Attend meetings for communications and resolve blocking points.
- Willingness to explain the change and release processes in place for the test environment and act as a point of contact for questions related to release & change to stakeholders.
- Raise and follow up on identified risks.
We look forward to your application!
Endeavour Recruitment has an excellent contract opportunity for a skilled Technical Test Analyst to join a European client in the Hague on an initial 3-month contract with strong possibility of extension.
Required skills and experience :
- 5 years + Software testing experience
- 3 + years experience organizing/executing Non-Functional Systems or Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) of developed applications and/or tests on ICT infrastructure changes covering aspects such as efficiency, backup & restore, disaster recovery, ICT security, monitoring, installations.
- 1 year + experience in testing of (Windows/Linux) servers and network infrastructure, including aspects like VLANs, firewalls, load balancing, certificates, server hardening and patching.
- A years experience testing client infrastructure, ie PC/laptop/mobile/tablet/printer including operating system upgrades, hardening, GPOs, Client apps, Client virtualization.
- 6 months + experience in testing/scripting infrastructure packages in relation to servers in a virtualized environment (eg VMware) using DevOps approaches.
- A minimum of 6 months experiences testing of supporting services, such as Active Directory, LDAP, MS Exchange, PKI, Queueing systems.
- Knowledge of continuous testing of ICT infrastructure packages deployed using a DevOps approach.
- Knowledge of scripting with PowerShell
- Knowledge on structured test approaches & techniques on higher test levels (eg System-testing, Operational Acceptance Testing)
- Knowledge of testing the following Software Quality Characteristics: Functionality, Technical Security, Usability, Efficiency, Reliability, Maintainability, Portability.
- Knowledge of security vulnerability scanning tools (eg NESSUS, OWASP ZAP).
- Knowledge of using performance test tools (eg Visual Studio Load tests, HP Loadrunner, jMeter).
- Knowledge of centralised monitoring tools (eg SCOM, Nagios) and/or, virtualization consoles (eg vSphere).
- ISTQB and/or ITIL certified
Please get in touch for further details regarding this role.
Our large technology services client seeks an experienced Backup Consultant to undertake a 6 month contract with likely extension(s) and based in Newcastle. There is a day rate of up to £300 available for this contract.
In this client facing role, the Backup Consultants will be responsible for;
- Producing part or all of the technical solution in accordance with an agreed technical design
- Ensuring that project deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Escalating issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Engineering of end to end backup infrastructure solutions as required
- Keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Design, development, implementation methodology and the practical application of ITIL practices and processes
- Documenting project requirements, risks, design, test plans, deployment procedures and operation/support procedures
Your skills set will need to be a close match to the following;
- Expertise in Symantec Netbackup, HP Data Protector or EMC Networker.
- Automated Tape Library Experience (Small, Medium and Large)
- Virtual Tape Library Experience (StoreOnce or Data Domain)
- Storage Area Network Experience (Brocade, Cisco and or McData)
- Fibre Channel Host BUS Adapter Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience engineering and supporting enterprise BUR solutions
- Scripting experience
- Familiar with Linux, Solaris, AIX & Windows troubleshooting.
Please APPLY TODAY to be considered for the excellent contract opportunity.
Endeavour Recruitment has a FANTASTIC opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer who currently holds NATO Secret Security Clearance.
- Resolution of issues or problems that are beyond 1st level capabilities but below 3rd level;
- This will include, potentially
- Applying software patches
- Incident and request handling as required
- Enterprise-wide monitoring of their service
- Event Management
- Support to Service Change as directed by the SDM, and approved by the DCO
- System Security Administration
- Applying contingency procedures / solutions
- Providing updates to incidents records commensurate with their assigned priority and CSLA response times
- Providing accurate post incident and post problem resolution statements for the SKMS knowledge database; and
- Escalation to 3rd Level personnel of issues or problems that are beyond their 2nd Level expertise.
- Education: Associates degree or two years of technical training.
- Experience: At least one year in systems administration/ Level 2 support role.
- At least one year in the administration and operation of X.400 systems.
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
- You have proven experience using ITIL processes for support
- You have proven experience about SOA system architecture.
- You have proven experience about PostgreSQL configuration and maintenance
- You have proven experience about SQL queries
- You have proven experience with MS Windows batch & PowerShell scripting
- You have experience using MS Services as: AD, DNS, CA & ADFS.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Basic knowledge of Java development
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent long term contract opportunity.
Calling for an experienced System Engineer to join our reputable client in the financial sector, based in lovely Brussels, for an initial contract till the end of the year!
As an IT System Engineer, you will join the Enterprise System Management team. The team is in charge of the products infrastructure supporting the ITIL processes such as incident & problem management, asset management, capacity management.
The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment ( 15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centers across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams.
It also includes monitoring of several mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Non stop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
French or Dutch speaking would be beneficial for this position.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialists requirements
- Be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities
Please get in touch to apply for this exciting position.
Endeavour Recruitment is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer for their busy IS Department. The role is technical in nature and needs specialist application skills supported by expansive technical skills. This is a permanent opportunity with our client based in East Grinstead. Salary between £42K to £45K plus excellent benefits package.
About this role:
- Working closely with third parties to ensure Applications meet required Service Levels.
- Technical design work in the general Computing Infrastructure (physical and virtual) to implement high quality support and continuous improvement
- Insurance activities that support pro-active management, monitoring and optimisation of the insurance application infrastructure.
- Extensive working with third parties
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Developing such skills as are necessary to support new technologies
- Personal workload management in support of ITIL Incident and Problem Management, through use of ticketing systems.
- Adherence to ITIL Change Management processes.
- Good technical authoring and procedure writing skills.
- Flexible working hours, with frequent need to work additional hours at short notice.
- Inclusion on the teams 24x7 service support rota
- Extensive IT industry experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party application providers
- Ability to plan, track and coordinate complex technical activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to interact with technical peers
- Microsoft skills to include Windows server, SharePoint and some SQL server.
- Strong customer facing verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by efficient use of technology to solve business problems
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Good personal workload management and ability to work to deadlines
- ‘Completer finisher’ with a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for personal improvement
If you believe you have the right experience and previous track record to successfully deliver in this role, then please apply quickly in order to be shortlisted.