Endeavour is looking for a DevOps Specialist to join a reputable, multinational client in The Hague, initially for a 10 months contract.
The ideal DevOps specialist will be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of another language – French or German – would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Review, propose and improve workflows intended for the future state of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Support the technical personnel in delivering solutions that adhere to the principles, policies and patterns established in the enterprise architecture;
- Design, code and engineer, integrate, test, correct and document customisations;
- Adhere where appropriate to the overall enterprise architecture through the delivery of solutions, solution architectures and models, design patterns, principles, models, requirements, standards and policies of security;
- Perform the necessary implementations, customizations and integrations, based on the current platform state and setup, to update and to deliver Container-based deployments;
- Interface with corresponding directorates as well as with other contracting services, e.g. in the context of plugin maintenance and process automation;
- Perform platform maintenance tasks and support build projects in case of issues and in their evolution;
- Support the introduction of Git/Bitbucket and HipChat, especially during the project’s guarantee phase and maintenance;
- Support the newly created Container-based CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise test setup by implementing related changes (if needed);
- Design and implement a Container-based platform system test spanning SCM, Jenkins, Nexus and potentially SonarQube;
- Deliver solutions to open, build platform-related Jira tickets, especially for (but not restricted to) Nexus, SonarQube, Docker/Container-related, Maven/Maven-plugin-related;
- Develop and implement a REST API-based HipChat data export and import option;
- Trigger and support either SVN-to-Git migration or guide the introduction of code access restriction for development projects that have stayed/decided to stay on Subversion (the process for access restriction is known);
Required skills and experience
- University degree
- Experience with multi-sourcing delivery environments;
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices;
- DevOps mentality;
- Expert knowledge on Distributed Source Code Management solutions and corresponding work flow models;
- Strong implementation and development skills;
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation;
- Knowledge of ITIL v3;
- Good troubleshooting capabilities;
- Good Communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Being active in a multi-cultural environment, the applicant shall have a very good level of English (oral and written).
You will also have demonstrable knowledge/experience of as many as possible of the following technical skills:
- Expert knowledge in the tools which are part of the build and deployment platform (such as SVN, Git/Bitbucket, HipChat, CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube);
- Demonstrated experience with plugin development for Bitbucket and Maven;
- Expert knowledge in the area of Software Containers/Docker;
- AMF and ADS expert knowledge;
- Knowledge in Middle-tier (web services, web clients, backend of web clients, REST, Java/Groovy, JBoss);
- Good knowledge of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and shell scripting (bash);
- Good knowledge of JEE technologies;
Please apply for further details on this not-to-be-missed contract opportunity!