Endeavour Recruitment has an superb opportunity for a Cloud native developer to join our leading client based in Leuven (Belgium). This is a 12 month contract with possible extension, paying a daily rate of €400 all-inclusive based on a 40-hour week.
Requirements of the project
You will need to be a creative mind, a critical and outside of the box thinker showing a degree of flexibility and able to function in a sociable and creative environment.
The highly skilled, enthusiastic, communicative developer will build applications with a cloud native design in function incorporating flexible releases and integration with cloud eco-systems.
In-depth experience and knowledge as a Senior Java engineer with the ability to build and design the backend services and technical capabilities in a logical process.
The developer will work together in a multi-functional team to automatize build-integration-deploy-test processes and build functional, qualitative applications.
Focus on the base layer of the newly designed platform, adopting the best technologies to apply.
Evaluation on how to build and maintain the different components of this layer will be undertaken during the design and build of the new platform.
An ability to clearly communicate with project teams and stakeholders within the business is essential for this role, therefore a positive attitude and focus to keep motivation high when challenged will be a benefit to this role.
Detail orientated individuals with good in multitasking abilities when working under strict deadlines will succeed in this role.
A fluency in English is essential and the ability to speak Dutch is a positive benefit in this role.
Essential skills and experience required for the role.
- A determination to keep up to date with the latest web technologies
- Expertise in object-oriented en-functional programming in modern programming languages
- Database knowledge and experience: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL (mongoDB, …)
- Java frameworks like spring/springboot and cloud related databases (SQL and No-SQL). For a few pilot applications (K ‘ching and Appyourservice).
- Expertise with front end and RESTful webservices, JSON, …
- Very good knowledge of software development best practices
- Design patterns
- Unit testing, continuous integration, build pipelines (grunt, gulp)
- Code analyses (Sonar)
- Experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, kanban)
- A passion for coding and end-to-end development.
This is a stunning opportunity to create the foundation of a platform that will reform the client’s application landscape.