Our large technology services client seeks an experienced Backup Consultant to undertake a 6 month contract with likely extension(s) and based in Newcastle. There is a day rate of up to £300 available for this contract.
In this client facing role, the Backup Consultants will be responsible for;
- Producing part or all of the technical solution in accordance with an agreed technical design
- Ensuring that project deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Escalating issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Engineering of end to end backup infrastructure solutions as required
- Keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Design, development, implementation methodology and the practical application of ITIL practices and processes
- Documenting project requirements, risks, design, test plans, deployment procedures and operation/support procedures
Your skills set will need to be a close match to the following;
- Expertise in Symantec Netbackup, HP Data Protector or EMC Networker.
- Automated Tape Library Experience (Small, Medium and Large)
- Virtual Tape Library Experience (StoreOnce or Data Domain)
- Storage Area Network Experience (Brocade, Cisco and or McData)
- Fibre Channel Host BUS Adapter Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience engineering and supporting enterprise BUR solutions
- Scripting experience
- Familiar with Linux, Solaris, AIX & Windows troubleshooting.
Please APPLY TODAY to be considered for the excellent contract opportunity.